[FT] Rangers 4 (Lammers 10'; Danilo 78'; Sima 84'; Dowell 90') - 0 Livingston

Watched it back yesterday and in hindsight it was a fairly decent performance, especially defensively.

I'm confident with what we've got in the squad to do enough domestically, especially with cifuentes coming in. The manager can look at his midfield to attack and think he can readily rotate players like Dowell, Sima, Jack, Roofe etc and not lose too much quality.

Clean sheets could be king so let's make a habit of getting them.

Good stuff.

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

You've not read my point, so you've made up a silly argument.

I don't think we created enough against the low block. That's it; that's my whole point. I've then used the xG to prove we didn't create enough. 

The result was great. I'm happy with the result.

I understood your point. However given you were calling for the manager to be replaced 2 games into the season, it seems that you're looking reasons to criticise. 

We scored 4 goals. Danilo, Souttar and Sima missed good chances and Cifu had a goal chopped off. Dessers even had 3 half chances. That's not bad for a team that's still trying to gel and I just don't know how many chances people are expecting us to create against Livingston.

28 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I understood your point. However given you were calling for the manager to be replaced 2 games into the season, it seems that you're looking reasons to criticise. 

We scored 4 goals. Danilo, Souttar and Sima missed good chances and Cifu had a goal chopped off. Dessers even had 3 half chances. That's not bad for a team that's still trying to gel and I just don't know how many chances people are expecting us to create against Livingston.

Livingston even managed to get over the half way line and fashion a few chances. Beale's head should be on the chopping block...

17 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I don't think you do. You've just put words in my mouth and made ridiculous straw man arguments.

I wasn't calling for the manager to be sacked. I did say I didnt want him appointed in the first place, but I'm willing to see him given a chance. (I did ask how many games a manager could lose on the bounce before being sacked, but it was a thought experiment.)

I praised his game management: switching when Livingston opened up. That was great. 

Again - my issue is with our chance creation against the low block. If you can challenge that point, go ahead. I'm happy to hear it.

Three of the goals we scored were when the game opened up (again, MB did well, there), which is irrelevant to my point about the low block. I've been pretty clear in the wording of my criticism. 

We only created 7 chances against the low block. I think we need to be creating more than that. Hopefully it comes when the team gels, as you say. 

I'm allowed to criticise things that I think need to be improved for us to be successful. No one has actually challenged my point, other than bringing up the flurry of goals when it wasn't a low block, and therefore irrelevant to my point. 

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Livingston even managed to get over the half way line and fashion a few chances. Beale's head should be on the chopping block...

Don't be stupid. 

If you can challenge my point, go ahead. I don't mind being corrected. 

40 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Don't be stupid. 

If you can challenge my point, go ahead. I don't mind being corrected. 

I'll pass Rousseau. I'd rather wait and see how this season pans out with all the new recruits. Our failings from last season mean nothing. That's the past and I'm only interested in the present and how that effects our future. This team has played 3 games. Let's give them time. 4-0 vs Livingston with other chances created and missed is good enough for me at this stage of the season.

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'll pass Rousseau. I'd rather wait and see how this season pans out with all the new recruits. Our failings from last season mean nothing. That's the past and I'm only interested in the present and how that effects our future. This team has played 3 games. Let's give them time. 4-0 vs Livingston with other chances created and missed is good enough for me at this stage of the season.

That's fair. I respect that. I agree with most of it myself. 

I just want to see more against a low block, but hopefully that comes when the team gels more. 

You don't need to make snide comments, though. I don't mind people disagreeing with me.