[FT] Rangers 4 (Lammers 10'; Danilo 78'; Sima 84'; Dowell 90') - 0 Livingston

27 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But you've conveniently glossed over the chances we did create in 1st half. Cifu's disallowed goal, Dessers header, Souttars shot over the bar to name just 3 (outwith the goal). 

I'm not caught up in the result. To get a 4-0 win, you have to create chances and convert them and we did.

If you can't (and are not willing) to remember the chances we created, then that's up to you. 

As for the 4th goal, off course it was a great finish, but it was a chance and it was brilliantly created. 

No I haven't: I mentioned them in the other post: 7 shots with an xG of 0.51. (Cifu's 'goal' is irrelevant; it was disallowed. And it was a set-piece.)

I'm remembering all the chances we've created. It's not enough against the low block. I'm sorry, it's just a fact. 

Great build-up, great finish, but low quality chance. Are you really expecting Dowell to score a worldie every week? Again: it happens when Livinston opened up. We did well then - I'm not denying that - but we need to be better in the bread-and-butter moments; i.e. against the low block. 

You're being deliberately obtuse. 

30 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But he wasn't the only one - why single Tav out? 

Because a member posted about him being sluggish - just chipping in and creating discourse.

I wouldn't drop him but he definitely needs rotated, he's struggling.

Just now, yuddie said:

Because a member posted about him being sluggish - just chipping in and creating discourse.

I wouldn't drop him but he definitely needs rotated, he's struggling.

I'm hoping he can be replaced during the course of this season.  As I said previously, we've seen the best of him, need to look to the future and focus on winning trophies.

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Meant to say did the Kieran Dowell goal yesterday not remind you of Jorg Albertz 20 odd years ago?

where I sit in the SJ rear I had a great view of it…..what a strike🤠

It’s a while since we’ve had a naturally left sided MF player like Dowell. Hope he can keep this up. His career did seem to have stalled a bit before he joined ifs.

I was impressed with his tackling and harrying in the pre-season games. Can't see how we fit him in as a regular starter though.

13 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I was impressed with his tackling and harrying in the pre-season games. Can't see how we fit him in as a regular starter though.

I think he should play as the #6, freeing up Raskin to move forward. 

I think I'm alone in that thought, though.

@DMAA gave me a right good scolding...

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think he should play as the #6, freeing up Raskin to move forward. 

I think I'm alone in that thought, though.

@DMAA gave me a right good scolding...

Then that squeezes out Cifu whom I think is a stick-on in Beale's plans. Or Cantwell misses out. Nice problem to have though.

7 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Then that squeezes out Cifu whom I think is a stick-on in Beale's plans. Or Cantwell misses out. Nice problem to have though.

I agree that Cifu is a stick-on. 

I'd personally have Cantwell as the #10:

Danilo - Lammers

Cantwell

Raskin - Dowell - Cifu

Barisic - Souttar - Goldson - Tavernier

Butland

Jack misses out, though.

58 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

No I haven't: I mentioned them in the other post: 7 shots with an xG of 0.51. (Cifu's 'goal' is irrelevant; it was disallowed. And it was a set-piece.)

I'm remembering all the chances we've created. It's not enough against the low block. I'm sorry, it's just a fact. 

Great build-up, great finish, but low quality chance. Are you really expecting Dowell to score a worldie every week? Again: it happens when Livinston opened up. We did well then - I'm not denying that - but we need to be better in the bread-and-butter moments; i.e. against the low block. 

You're being deliberately obtuse. 

No I'm not expecting Dowell to score a worldy every week. Rewatch the goal, he could have squared it to Danilo for a tap-in. So it was a quality chance.

Why are set-pieces irrelevant? How many goals are scored / conceded from set-pieces? I'm expecting us to score MORE from set-pieces - they are hardly irrelevant. A chance created from a set-piece is as relevant as a chance from open play. 

In Cifu's disallowed goal, we should have gotten a penalty which would have, most likely, seen us go 2-0 in front.

What is irrelevant is when we create and / take chances. Would the scoreline have flattered us if our XG was high 1st half and we were leafing 3-0 in first 15mins instead of scoring in the last 15mins? 

As for being deliberately obtuse just because I have a different opinion from you and don't give a monkeys about XG, is well, eh, obtuse.