[FT] Servette 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 51)

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I have to admit that when I saw the same XI walk out for the 2nd half I thought we were done for. Switching Cifu and Raskin into wide pressing roles made a huge difference to our play. The Swiss seemed to lose their way completely and it nullified their  FB's who were having a field day. Moving to a back 3 with the introduction of Sterling also seemed to help. Glad to see us through to collect that £5m. Still think we'll be better in the EL Groups with the higher seeding. CL still seems a bridge too far for this side currently.

I agree with regards to the CL. That's not being defeatist. That's me being a realist. What I hope doesn't happen is that there is some over the top knee jerk reaction if we don't beat PSV and qualify. We need to stay calm as we can't afford anything to derail our primary goal this year, which is to win the title. 

The first half was awful after the first ten minutes for the most part.  Second half was much better.  Butland, Cantwell and Cifuentes did well and Raskin in the second half.  Delighted to go through though and anything can happen.

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I agree with regards to the CL. That's not being defeatist. That's me being a realist. What I hope doesn't happen is that there is some over the top knee jerk reaction if we don't beat PSV and qualify. We need to stay calm as we can't afford anything to derail our primary goal this year, which is to win the title. 

I think after 4 competitive games, more bears will be thinking the same, we are just not that level yet.  Any reaction to whatever happens against PSV will be to how well we play, if we play well and show progress, there shouldn't be any toys thrown. However, if we continue to see this level of performance, then the fans will rightly react harshly. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

The first half was awful after the first ten minutes for the most part.  Second half was much better.  Butland, Cantwell and Cifuentes did well and Raskin in the second half.  Delighted to go through though and anything can happen.

There are positives. Cifuentes looks an instant upgrade in midfield. Provides more balance than Dowell too. I thought there were signs that we can play good football too, we had some very good exchanges. More minutes minutes in the strikers legs too, who both seem to need it. We’ll be in a better place next week than we were tonight or last week. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Agree, but I would add Danilo, Dessers and Sima need to extract the digit. 

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

There are positives. Cifuentes looks an instant upgrade in midfield. Provides more balance than Dowell too. I thought there were signs that we can play good football too, we had some very good exchanges. More minutes minutes in the strikers legs too, who both seem to need it. We’ll be in a better place next week than we were tonight or last week. 

I think this is true, we are still a work in progress, and I do see improvement in the team.