[FT] Servette 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 51)

27 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Sima Dessers Lammers Danilo
Minutes played 61 Minutes played29 Minutes played29 Minutes played61
Goals0 Goals0 Goals0 Goals0
Assists0 Assists0 Assists0 Assists0
Total shots1 Total shots2 Total shots1 Total shots1
Accurate passes13/19 (68%) Accurate passes5/7 (71%) Accurate passes10/15 (67%) Accurate passes12/15 (80%)
Chances created0 Chances created0 Chances created0 Chances created1
Expected goals (xG)0.02 Expected goals (xG)0.63 Expected goals (xG)0.03 Expected goals (xG)0.25

Attack Attack Attack Attack
Shot accuracy0/1 (0%) Shot accuracy0/2 (0%) Shot accuracy1/1 (100%) Shot accuracy0/1 (0%)
Touches33 Touches13 Touches30 Touches21
Successful dribbles1/2 (50%) Successful dribbles0/2 (0%) Successful dribbles1/2 (50%) Successful dribbles0/2 (0%)
Dispossessed1 Dispossessed2 Dispossessed1 Dispossessed0
    Passes into final third1 Passes into final third1

Defence Defence Defence Defence
Tackles won1/1 (100%) Tackles won0 Tackles won1/2 (50%) Tackles won0
Recoveries1   Recoveries1 Recoveries3
    Blocks1  

Duels Duels Duels Duels
Ground duels won2/4 (50%) Ground duels won0/5 (0%) Ground duels won5/10 (50%) Ground duels won0/2 (0%)
Aerial duels won4/6 (67%) Aerial duels won0/3 (0%) Aerial duels won1/1 (100%) Aerial duels won1/2 (50%)
Was fouled0 Was fouled0 Was fouled2 Was fouled0
Fouls committed0 Fouls committed1 Fouls committed2 Fouls committed0

Colour coded stats: 6 Colour coded stats: 2 Colour coded stats: 7 Colour coded stats: 6

Pretty damning stats imo. I doubt the Gersnet MOTM will come from these four. 

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought Sima was more of a wide man/inside forward. 

He seems to be quite good in duels. He has got pace. 

I wonder if he's be better developed into a pure #9?

That’s what I’ve been saying. I don’t like him as a wide forward at all. Fast yes but doesn’t have the required technique and dribbling ability. I don't like him much as a 9 either tbh but his attributes are a better fit in there. 

Just now, DMAA said:

That’s what I’ve been saying. I don’t like him as a wide forward at all. Fast yes but doesn’t have the required technique and dribbling ability. I don't like him much as a 9 either tbh but his attributes are a better fit in there. 

Not dissimilar to how we turned Sakala into a wide forward when he had previously been a 9, even though his technique was badly lacking for it (compare to a Jota for example). At least he could run at defenders and beat a man though. Sima doesn’t have that. 

Had a look after the match at appearences in Europe of the squad and the bulk of the experience is exclusively coming from Goldson, Tav, Jack and Borna.

Worth remembering that players like Cifuentes, Raskin, Souttar, Butland and Cantwell have barely or never played in Europe and other players like Danilo and Lammers have just over 20 appearences between them.

I wouldn't be too harsh on this team, the more games they play at this level the better they'll get. We can slaughter them for getting mugged by Killie right enough.

I've watched the Servette goal many times now and, while Souttar misjudges his clearing header and it's a terrific strike from Kutesa, it looks like yet another example of a left-sided opposition player on the right side of our penalty box being left completely unattended by our right fullback. Too harsh?

Edited by Bill

I know people are quick to jump on Dessers back but I've seen enough of him to know that there is a player there. His interchange play with Cantwell against Livingston (Lammars goal) and last night when he hit the post shows promise. He just needs to get up to speed. He's nailed on to score against the Tims IMO. Football can be like that.🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've watched the Servette goal many times now and, while Souttar misjudges his clearing header and it's a terrific strike from Kutesa, it looks like yet another example of an opposition player on the left side of our penalty box being left completely unattended by our right fullback. Too harsh?

The downside of the narrow shape? I can see a potential back 3 against PSV in the works as they use width very effectively. We'll see. Morton first...