Rangers v Celtic Ticket Row Explodes

Rangers v Celtic ticket row explodes as Gers write to SPFL demanding Parkhead allocation as Hoops aim to BLOCK away fans

CELTIC have formally rejected Rangers’ offer of 700 tickets for the first Old Firm derby of the season.

And SunSport can reveal Hoops chiefs now want to block Gers fans from attending the Celtic Park return in December.

We told last month how Gers were desperate to end Old Firm lock-outs by extending an olive branch to their Glasgow rivals.

That meant making 700 briefs available for the derby on September 3.

Celtic were always reluctant, citing safety fears.

Following further talks, Rangers vowed to increase security in the away section.

But Celtic have now officially confirmed they won’t be taking up Gers’ offer with the row now set to rumble on.

It’s understood, Rangers have already written to the SPFL demanding their allocation for the return match in December.

Under rule i27, Gers are entitled to tickets and they have made it clear they want their cut.

We told you how the rule states - "The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding."

They are now awaiting the SPFL’s response.

Back in May, new Rangers chief executive James Bisgrove admitted there was still “a long way to go” in the allocation saga which stretches back to 2018.

But Gers made it clear they were willing to welcome Hoops supporters back to Ibrox.

Celtic had been accustomed to occupying the entire Broomloan Road end until their allocation was slashed in line with other Premiership teams.

The Parkhead club responded in kind by cutting Gers’ seating space at Celtic Park.

The saga took another twist for the final two Old Firm matches of last season, with no away fans admitted at all.

Rangers had hoped to resolve the matter, but Celtic have now made their position clear.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11106435/rangers-celtic-ticket-row-spfl-write-parkhead-allocation-block/

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Why are we asking the SPFL to intervene? Reading the quoted rule, they (SPFL) could decide to give them a bigger allocation, or am I reading it wrong?

I think your reading it correctly I can see Rangers being told to give them at least half of the Broamloan end 

1 hour ago, compo said:

I think your reading it correctly I can see Rangers being told to give them at least half of the Broamloan end 

The police won't accept that. It's ALL of the Broomloan or NONE of it. 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

The police won't accept that. It's ALL of the Broomloan or NONE of it. 

The most they'll get, outwith the entire Broomie is the European allocation. 

Remember a time back in early 80s where they basically got half the ground - Broomie, West Enclosure, part of Main Stand and on one occasion they got the red section of Govan (front and rear).