[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

18 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

"I have nothing to prove" 

Taken on its face that is about the dumbsest shit he could have said. 

Maybe don't just take it at face value then.

He's worked hard to get fit again and as he subsequently stated, he did contribute during the 55 season.

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

"I have nothing to prove" 

Taken on its face that is about the dumbsest shit he could have said. 

Just blew his knee out, struggling for first team football.

Slower than steam off shit and got nothin to prove eh? 

He better chill on that, or pray to God there is someone out there who can pay his tab.

Nothin to prove...alright chief.

On the face of it I agree with you but I think Hagi means with regards to showing his ability and application in training in order to get in the team.

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Maybe don't just take it at face value then.

He's worked hard to get fit again and as he subsequently stated, he did contribute during the 55 season.

That was 2 years ago.  Living on past glories is why we are where we are

8 minutes ago, craig said:

Living on past glories is why we are where we are

Which is why I want Tav and the gang (including Hagi) gone ASAP. 

I still don't think what he said was "dumb" though.

Edited by Gonzo79

I watched Hagi's interview again, and Beale's presser earlier today.

It's clear (to me at least) that Hagi wants to be a starter, he says he feels great physically and mentally, and doesn't need cameos to prove he's worth a starting spot every game.  He's been out for a long time, with a serious injury and Beale cannot/will not guarantee him anything and rightly so.

Hagi wants to play so his agent is looking at options. Since we would be due a decent fee (?), Beale has left him out the squad and is allowing Hagi and his agent look at those options. What else is he supposed to do?  That happens in football. Candeias was in the same position and decided to move rather than fight for his place. IMO, if Candeias had stayed, he would have played. 

Hagi is talented enough to find regular football elsewhere at a good level, and we'd make some money off any move so it's a win/win. I'd like him to stay and fight for his place, as he DOES have something to prove two years on from 55 and a year out injured. Equally he can go with my best wishes and bank some cash for the club. 

2 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I watched Hagi's interview again, and Beale's presser earlier today.

It's clear (to me at least) that Hagi wants to be a starter, he says he feels great physically and mentally, and doesn't need cameos to prove he's worth a starting spot every game.  He's been out for a long time, with a serious injury and Beale cannot/will not guarantee him anything and rightly so.

Hagi wants to play so his agent is looking at options. Since we would be due a decent fee (?), Beale has left him out the squad and is allowing Hagi and his agent look at those options. What else is he supposed to do?  That happens in football. Candeias was in the same position and decided to move rather than fight for his place. IMO, if Candeias had stayed, he would have played. 

Hagi is talented enough to find regular football elsewhere at a good level, and we'd make some money off any move so it's a win/win. I'd like him to stay and fight for his place, as he DOES have something to prove two years on from 55 and a year out injured. Equally he can go with my best wishes and bank some cash for the club. 

But if he can’t get a place in what is a poor Rangers team then any value will plummet.