[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

1 minute ago, compo said:

But if he can’t get a place in what is a poor Rangers team then any value will plummet.

Agreed that any value would be based on his ability for Rangers and Romania pre-injury and potential (he's still only 24). I don't know what fee we could demand... a couple of million perhaps? 

Beale has painted himself into a corner. He's signed a bunch of new players, several of whom have yet to show anything to justify their recruitment. So he has a choice - persevere with his newbies and hope they start delivering - or admit he's made a complete custard of our much-vaunted rebuilding exercise and fall on his sword. I'm hoping he pulls this off but I'm prepared for disappointment.

When a manager works with his players every day and is still capable of schoolboy misjudgements like we saw in the last LC final, it's difficult not to harbour certain suspicions. 

Hagi can get through a defence, he can hit a pass and he can get a decent shot away from further than a yard out. Apart from that he doesn’t do a lot. 

Do I remember a jet propelled Ian McMillan burning up and down the park? No, I do not.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Beale has painted himself into a corner. He's signed a bunch of new players, several of whom have yet to show anything to justify their recruitment. So he has a choice - persevere with his newbies and hope they start delivering - or admit he's made a complete custard of our much-vaunted rebuilding exercise and fall on his sword. I'm hoping he pulls this off but I'm prepared for disappointment.

When a manager works with his players every day and is still capable of schoolboy misjudgements like we saw in the last LC final, it's difficult not to harbour certain suspicions. 

Yes, a case of putting all your eggs in one basket. He's a stubborn guy, Beale, if he pulls it off he will be the hero and his stock will be high, the board will trust him and most importantly the fans will trust him. If he fails (and to be clear, the league cup will not be enough).....

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

On the face of it I agree with you but I think Hagi means with regards to showing his ability and application in training in order to get in the team.

Yeah, I get it.

A lot comes from frustration.

You just can't vent that publicly.

Especially if you are fighting for a sliver of pitch time. 

It isn't about a particular allegiance to Hagi. It's the glaring reality that he's a better player than Lammers, Matondo, Sima or Dowell ... but still can't get a start, even against Morton.

So now Hagi has become the latest player to become a better player the more he doesn't play.

He's looked off the pace since returning from injury and look slow and languid. He never had pace to burn, but lost 1/2 yard. 

We wanted rid of all these failures, now we want to keep them. Make your mind up folks. 

Just now, CammyF said:

So now Hagi has become the latest player to become a better player the more he doesn't play.

He's looked off the pace since returning from injury and look slow and languid. He never had pace to burn, but lost 1/2 yard. 

We wanted rid of all these failures, now we want to keep them. Make your mind up folks. 

Sakala is another: never been so good since he left.