[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I always argued that MB would get more out of GvB's team. He did. 

I now think we have a decent group of players. 

I now think another manager would get more out of them. 

I agree we are quite entitled. You have to be wary of accepting mediocrity - I'm guilty of that myself. When things are not working, though, you have to change it. 

But it's 5 games.

How long does your new manager get?

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

But he doesn't have full control of transfers. He has said himself he worked closely with Park and some targets were already on the Wilson list. Bisgrove was also involved especially when it came to fees and wages.

Doesn't matter who any new DoF appoints as a manger, after one defeat we'll all want the DoF and manager chased.

I disagree. Those are MB players - straight from his little black book. 

Ha! Yes, probably. Doesn't mean the manager shouldn't be changed - IMO, of course. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

Beale has had 9 months - 2 months with his new players. 

How long should he get?

He's had 5 games with his new players. He deserves longer than that. 

Notice you conveniently ignored my question on how long any new manager would get. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But it's 5 games.

Beale was appointed manager in 2022.  He's been in charge for a lot more than 5 games.

What are you seeing that you're liking - genuine question?

I'm seeing players who look lost, bizarre substitutions, bizarre starting line-ups and losing a lot of crunch matches, as well as boring football.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I disagree. Those are MB players - straight from his little black book. 

Ha! Yes, probably. Doesn't mean the manager shouldn't be changed - IMO, of course. 

So Beale and the players who've said they've known of our interest for a few seasons liars? Can you prove this or is it just another stick for you to hit Beale with? 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Beale was appointed manager in 2022.  He's been in charge for a lot more than 5 games.

What are you seeing that you're liking - genuine question?

I'm seeing players who look lost, bizarre substitutions, bizarre starting line-ups and losing a lot of crunch matches, as well as boring football.

Where have I said I've seen anything that I like? Doesn't mean you change the manager after 5 games. 

You said I was wrong to mention Souness. I wasn't.  Souness team crammed with internationals lost their first 2 league games. Were sitting four and fifth in league until around November (IIRC). 

Imagine if we had sacked him in August after losing two league games. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

He's had 5 games with his new players. He deserves longer than that. 

Notice you conveniently ignored my question on how long any new manager would get. 

6 - 9 months? 

But that's to get the team fine-tuned. I'd expect to see what he's trying to do after a pre-season. 

You can see what Ange is trying to do at Spurs. It's really rough at the minute, though; they'll have a tough season. 

Kompany turned around Burnley in a pre-season. Again, it was rough initially: not many goals, a lot of draws. But, yiu coyld see where he was going. 

MB's football is so bland. Quite frankly, we've seen it for the last 5 years (excluding the period when GvB was in charge). It's not going to change. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You said I was wrong to mention Souness. I wasn't. 

I said it was daft.  I stand by that.  Scottish football has changed immeasurably since the mid 80s.  

I wouldn't sack Beale.  He should be given until the end of the year to sort things out.  

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So Beale and the players who've said they've known of our interest for a few seasons liars? Can you prove this or is it just another stick for you to hit Beale with? 

Beale has been around for around 5 years. 

He repeatedly says that the club has been interested for a while, but it just means he was involved with the initial scouting. 

Raskin, for one, was a target for SG and MB before they left.