[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So we just write of another manager and 9 players and go through the same process again (sack manager and change the entire squad).

We all wanted SG/Gio's squad ripped apart. We all wanted the "serial lossers" chased. 

We got what we wanted and after 5 competitive games (1 loss) we want it all changed again. 

We're a patient bunch if nothing else.

Ah the modern Rangers fan attitude brought up with mediocrity and willing to accept it by the lorry load the attitude of losers it's like running a business you get it wrong sometimes but a good man soon see's that and takes action I am now to old to have patience.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not quite.  

We did. We've had a huge turnover of players and gotten what we wanted. 

Not long ago most were saying it was the best transfer window for years. 

I honestly don't think we'll ever be happy with the team, manager, results, trophies. We are such a entitled bunch of supporters

1 minute ago, compo said:

Ah the modern Rangers fan attitude brought up with mediocrity and willing to accept it by the lorry load the attitude of losers it's like running a business you get it wrong sometimes but a good man soon see's that and takes action I am now to old to have patience.

Nothing further from the truth and what an utter shallow and condescending reply. 

How long did it take Sounesses Rangers to click? We were miles behind Celtic in the League at Christmas.

I was introduced to following Rangers during the John Greig era, hardly a "modern day fan". Not that it makes a difference

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So we just write of another manager and 9 players and go through the same process again (sack manager and change the entire squad).

We all wanted SG/Gio's squad ripped apart. We all wanted the "serial lossers" chased. 

We got what we wanted and after 5 competitive games (1 loss) we want it all changed again. 

We're a patient bunch if nothing else.

That's the major issue with allowing a manager full control of recruitment.

Ideally, we get a DoF in place, then give him the task of appointing a manager that suits the players. A German or Austrian coach with Red Bull experience would do well with this narrow formation. 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We've still got a few of the serial losers around.  There's no way anyone can deny that.

Edited by Gonzo79

Just now, Rousseau said:

That's the major issue with allowing a manager full control of recruitment.

Ideally, we get a DoF in place, then give him the task of appointing a manager that suits the players. A German or Austrian coach with Red Bull experience would do well with this narrow formation. 

But he doesn't have full control of transfers. He has said himself he worked closely with Park and some targets were already on the Wilson list. Bisgrove was also involved especially when it came to fees and wages.

Doesn't matter who any new DoF appoints as a manger, after one defeat we'll all want the DoF and manager chased.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

We've still got a few of the serial losers around.  There's no way anyone can deny that.

It is impossible to move everyone in a 30 man squad in 2 windows and I think you'll know and understand that tho. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not long ago most were saying it was the best transfer window for years. 

I honestly don't think we'll ever be happy with the team, manager, results, trophies. We are such a entitled bunch of supporters

I always argued that MB would get more out of GvB's team. He did. 

I now think we have a decent group of players. 

I now think another manager would get more out of them. 

I agree we are quite entitled. You have to be wary of accepting mediocrity - I'm guilty of that myself. When things are not working, though, you have to change it. 

Just now, CammyF said:

It is impossible to move everyone in a 30 man squad in 2 windows and I think you'll know and understand that tho. 

Yes, I'm aware of that.  

Comparing the current situation with Souness' first few matches is a bit daft - there were several good teams in Scotland in 1986.