[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

6 - 9 months? 

But that's to get the team fine-tuned. I'd expect to see what he's trying to do after a pre-season. 

You can see what Ange is trying to do at Spurs. It's really rough at the minute, though; they'll have a tough season. 

Kompany turned around Burnley in a pre-season. Again, it was rough initially: not many goals, a lot of draws. But, yiu coyld see where he was going. 

MB's football is so bland. Quite frankly, we've seen it for the last 5 years (excluding the period when GvB was in charge). It's not going to change. 

Whats your fascination with Ange? 

BTW now did his first few months in Scottish football go (after changing a full squad)? 

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How long did it take Sounesses Rangers to click? We were miles behind Celtic in the League at Christmas.

Souness’ team got off to a shocking start on the basis of results but you could see what was coming in the style of play and individual performances. Durrant beat the tims in the first celtic match in October and my memory subject to correction is that Rangers were either top or close to top at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Whats your fascination with Ange? 

BTW now did his first few months in Scottish football go (after changing a full squad)? 

He's a good coach. 

Shaky - very shaky - first few months. But, you could see what he was trying to do. That was my point.

I mentioned Kompany at Burnley, too.  

Just now, Scott7 said:

Souness’ team got off to a shocking start on the basis of results but you could see what was coming in the style of play and individual performances. Durrant beat the tims in the first celtic match in October and my memory subject to correction is that Rangers were either top or close to top at the end of the year.

We regained top spot well into the new year. I think we beat Clydebank away and Celtic lost at home to Hibs (IIRC). 

For me, the turning point was the LCF victory in late Novemebr. Until then it wasn't "clicking" and we weren't looking like Champions. 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

At least Souness put some Hibees on their arses.  Our current team barely put in a tackle (Ypfeko sp? did put a good early one in yesterday though).

Aye, but football's changed since then. Souness would last 90 mins now- oh wait a minute .

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's a good coach. 

Shaky - very shaky - first few months. But, you could see what he was trying to do. That was my point.

He’s an experienced coach too. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's a good coach. 

Really? We was a laughing stock in those opening months and Celtic fans (who'll not admit it now) wanted rid of him. 

Konpany is a decent coach, well out of our league.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Really? We was a laughing stock in those opening months and Celtic fans (who'll not admit it now) wanted rid of him. 

Konpany is a decent coach, well out of our league.

I don't doubt it, but they are unhinged. 

Reasonable observers saw the football he was trying to play. 

He is now out of our league, but it's his first full job. He was joint-coach at Anderlecht, iirc. That's not out of our league. 

The point was that coaches can impliment a style of play quite quickly, even if it's a bit rough at the start. MB has had 9 months and it's still bland AF.