[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

Just now, Rousseau said:

It's the 'if'.

It's just blind hope.

What if he doesn't win the league? How long are you giving him? 

I said in the MB topic that he gets this season.  It isn't just blind hope. We are 1 point adrift in the league, still in all domestic compitions. 

2 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Gio had a great run in Europe didn't he? But he screwed up in the league and was punted. What did he get 1 yr? 

Yes, in the Europa League and he got us into the CL group stages.

He took over when we were ahead in the league and 55 still fresh in the memories, so far ahead that he should have won the league. He then fell way behind Celtic and got pumped in every game in the CL.

Beale has taken over a squad of "serial losers" who were so far behind it was almost impossibly to catch them. He did lose a cup semi and final. One down to his team selection and one down to Sakalas inability to score an open goal from 6 yards out.

Different circumstances and should be looked at and treated as such

30 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I wouldn't surprise me because he simply hasn't been. 18 months!!! Really? He's played well at times recently (low bar) with a few decent crosses/assists, but defensively he's mostly had howlers. Last night, he did okay, but folk forget how often he gave too much room to the attacker. And he hasn't managed to get one single free kick over the wall in about 3 years. 

Sorry, but I'm not buying it, and I'm not surprised there are many others who also cannot accept that Borna Barisic has been one of our best players last 18 months. That's a joke if ever I heard one. I'm not saying we have lots of contenders but Barisic is not one of them. Even here in our MOTM threads, I don't recall Barisic ever getting many votes. 

To be quite honest mate, I stopped reading here - proves my point basically - because it's factually incorrect and those who don't like Borna will ignore facts to suit their agenda.

26 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But Bornas a shitbag according to a very vocal section of Rangers fans.

Was away to say this too.... plenty of our supporters think he is a shitebag.  There is a vocal element who say he wasnt injured last night either... yet anyone watching the wee stramash post-game can see Borna walking off the pitch limping.....

14 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Gio had a great run in Europe didn't he? But he screwed up in the league and was punted. What did he get 1 yr? 

Players had downed tools for Gio, that much was evident (and backed up by very good sources).  I dont think the players have downed tools on Beale yet

15 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

He played his part but it wasnt ALL his - granted he did it in the business end of the competition.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

To be quite honest mate, I stopped reading here - proves my point basically - because it's factually incorrect and those who don't like Borna will ignore facts to suit their agenda.

It maybe, I haven't watched re-runs of all Barisic's miserable free-kick attempts - well in fact he rarely gets to take them these days for that reason. 

I throw it back to you too Craig. it's factually incorrect that Barisic has been our best player over the last 18 months. 

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But Bornas a shitbag according to a very vocal section of Rangers fans.

Billy Mathieson was, 'Billy Wan Fit' and according to the Derry, "couldnae kick doors at Halloween". The bluff Fifer has a European Cup Winners Cup winners medal.

Stuart Munro was a £25,000 signing from Alloa Athletic. He played in a defence along side the England keeper(Woods), England Skipper(Butcher), Richard Gough and, England right back(Gary Stevens). Munro's biggest asset was his recovery pace, he might have been done on the half way line but he would queue, pay back in and, get another tackle in before the eighteen yard line.  Souness signed three or four international full backs but, Munro saqw them all of and we sold him to Blackburn Rovers for £350,000.

I learned a long time past that a lot of my fellow Rangers supporters are not always the best judge of a player. 

Alfie Conn Loyal RSC.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Players had downed tools for Gio, that much was evident (and backed up by very good sources).  I dont think the players have downed tools on Beale yet

No, you're right.  They never picked them up in the first place!