Europa League Draw: Real Betis, Sparta Prague and Aris Limassol | Fixtures Announced

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League Draw: Real Betis, Sparta Prague and Aris Limassol
5 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I'm surprised at the confidence some are showing. Having watched us this season it's not something I currently share. 

I don't think it's confidence per se; perhaps more relief that we've not drawn some of the bigger sides... ;)

Betis are a decent side.  Teams from the Czech Republic are generally quite capable and Aris will be no mugs.  It's all about winning at Ibrox - I think Betis will top the group.

Edited by Gonzo79

What the group daw has offered up to us, is a great chance to progress to the knock-outs, whether that's Europa, where I think our chances of going deep there is very limited, or the Conference - where perhaps we could go quite far. I wouldn't mind it if we dropped down and got through to the semi/final of that competition (would still require massive progress in performance from where we currently are right now). 

We are top seeds for a reason, so anything less than 1st place is statistically a failure. We have beaten far better sides than these 3 in the last couple of years. The bonus of missing a round plus additional bonuses for topping the group is the only target we should have.

And then I remember Beale is still our manager, our star European performers are mostly gone, and our new recruits we have to give at least a year to bed in, so as long as we get 3rd place and drop into the diddy diddy cup that would be acceptable now wouldn't it?

9 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

And then I remember Beale is still our manager, our star European performers are mostly gone, and our new recruits we have to give at least a year to bed in, so as long as we get 3rd place and drop into the diddy diddy cup that would be acceptable now wouldn't it?

Third place is failure.

Decent enough group that all things being equal offers us an opportunity to progress into the knock-out stages. 

Will be interesting to see how Rangers price the 3 match package given they went top dollar in last seasons CL.