Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Graeme Souness said after meeting Bisgrove that there are too many non-footballing people making decisions are big clubs

I'd agree with that, specifically in relation to Rangers.  

I'm hoping the next manager has no previous Rangers connection whatsoever - the 'bring him home' nonsense has to stop.

It would be interesting to know voters’ reasons for retaining Beale.

Is it because they see he has the makings of a good manager and just needs some time for the new players to become accustomed to one another?

Or is it because now is not the time to sack him for financial and playing reasons?

Both are legitimate arguments but I’m more likely to be persuaded by the second than the first.

42 minutes ago, buster. said:

It is more about those upstairs taking us to a place where we can win a league title. 

- Finance 

- Structure (football dept.)

- Recruitment (managerial)

- Communication 

Financially, we are well behind.

Structurally, we haven't settled.

Recruitment. All over the place although credit to DK for appointing Gerrard and showing patience.

Communication and mgmt. of expectation levels has been unrealistic. 

Basically, we are still building back the club to where we want to be and some realism might make the journey smoother and even shorter.

I think one of the factors in our impatience was seeing the success Postecoglu had in turning round their squad to wiping the floor domestically.  Much as that hurt, it set the standard.  So when we see Beale's big turnaround stuttering, and with little credit in the bank generally, we saw the tide turning almost full circle during the course of the first half.

Postecoglu though had the benefit of a much more stable club off the pitch.  As does Rodgers, but he's also likely to get that team playing better than they are just now, so we might not have had a better chance to beat them this season - another factor that added to the ire raining down on Beale on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Is it because they see he has the makings of a good manager and just needs some time for the new players to become accustomed to one another?

Or is it because now is not the time to sack him for financial and playing reasons?

Both are legitimate arguments but I’m more likely to be persuaded by the second than the first.

If he has a clause in his contract that allows us to sack him for £500k within 12 months of his appointment, surely the time is now?

9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

For my take, I think he's approaching last chance saloon but not quite there yet.  He wont be able to sustain any more big hits, so really its a big challenge for his managerial nous to get some fire into the squad's belly and to go a run of wins.  4 points behind after 4 domestic games is poor, but there is still time to turn things around.  I have less confidence, but sometimes when you persevere and come out of the end of a bad spell that can be the making of a manager.

19 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The board always said that the rebuild would be front loaded and they gave Gerrard funds to rebuild the team, that led to us winning the league and reaching a Euro final.

The problem is now that there's no excess funds to spend on giving managers more cash. The well of the cash from directors has largely run dry and we therefore have to rely on player sales and fund generated from Europe to firstly pay for our day-to-day expenses, including wages, and then go towards player purchases.

Gerrard didn't want any of his squad sold so it's his own fault that his budget was limited. It's a fact of life that we have to balance the books nowadays. We've spent £14m+ on 3 players and that's not bad going.

Okay, what happens when we don't have success on the park?  players' value decreases, which will happen especially when they can't lock down a place in the team, get injured, or the team keep failing to win trophies. The transfer kitty will quickly erode year-on-year. Player trading doesn't work when the team fails and academy players, like Paterson, breaking through is very rare.  Balancing the books now and again is required I get that, but if we want to challenge for the money on offer from CL participation, they need to find a way. Again, if not, we have to rely our rivals having a really poor season (Lennon) or we accept that we will be the #2 team in Scotland, happy with the odd cup success. Maybe we form a new firm with St Johnstone. 

29 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Postecoglu though had the benefit of a much more stable club off the pitch.

I agree overall with your entire post there, I think he demonstrated how to have a vision, and how to implement it in a short space of time. What was key to him turning it around was the January transfer window and beating us in the league there after. No point moaning about the COVID stuff and moving games as its all history but it was a factor. 

But to the point I've quoted I'm not sure that's strictly true. They hired a chap as CEO to replace the outgoing Lawwell, he didn't last long to be replaced by their CFO. Recruited Gordon Strachan as some kind of DoF 'on loan' from Dundee and Mark Lawwell officially joined / got involved in their recruitment on the playing side. I suppose its subjective but i wouldnt see that as stability.

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

According to the Athletic, Graham Potter has rejected the chance to manage Lyon. 

He knows where he wants to be... 

I'm sure we'll be able to match the £12M per year package he was on at Chelsea 😁😁😁