Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

It's not humble pie to have not wanted Beale to be sacked. I voted no but at the same time I'm not fond of Beale and I had little hope of him turning it around. However, I think it's damaging to our club to be sacking a manger a few games into the season, personally I believe it will turn off a lot of potential targets. Now, it's clear he isn't going to be able to turn it around. 

But I don't think anyone should be eating humble pie.

48 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

It's not humble pie to have not wanted Beale to be sacked. I voted no but at the same time I'm not fond of Beale and I had little hope of him turning it around. However, I think it's damaging to our club to be sacking a manger a few games into the season, personally I believe it will turn off a lot of potential targets. Now, it's clear he isn't going to be able to turn it around. 

But I don't think anyone should be eating humble pie.

This does not make sense, to me. 

The current situation reminds me of two previous periods in our club's history.  I am referring to the emotions being exhibited by the majority of the attending support. Patience is a virtue rarely on show at Ibrox. The atmosphere is feral.

The first period was the end of Davie White's tenure in 1968. We had drawn 1-1 in Poland against Gornik and expectations were high for the Ibrox return. It got better after Jim Baxter notched us ahead after several minutes in front of a huge crowd. Gornik began to play and handed us a football lesson. The game finished 1-3. A reported 12,000 fans stood in Edmiston Drive demanding White be sacked. He was.

The second period was the end of John Greig's time as Gaffer. After five seasons, the law of diminishing returns was firmly established. Ham and egg was a true club legend and I witnessed several incidents of grown men swapping both words and punches in the stands over should he stay or should he go. The Board eventually decided upon the latter and reappointed Jock Wallace.

I see problems in removing Beale. The Board will not want to admit a mistake and will hide behind the arithmetic. The cost of paying off the current Manager and his large staff plus compensation for the preferred target and his staff. Of course, there is the argument we cannot afford not to terminate his contract. We are 18 matches into this season including friendlies and I do not see a pattern of play. Our football is tedious and ponderous.

In the last dozen years, we have had eleven Managers, six permanent and five temporary. It will be most difficult to attract the right man because there is largely no sense of continuity. The job has become a poison chalice. The one person awarded most time was Gerrard and he delivered the title. The support invested in the Liverpudlian because they saw obvious progress both domestically and in Europe.

This should be a concurrent exercise, the club might find a Manager but the support must find patience.