1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I thought it was a foul. It was a slight push but it still had an impact on the keeper. I'd have been screaming for a foul at the other end.

As for offside, I'm not so sure on that one. If he hadn't touched the keeper then I'd be arguing that it's not offside under the current rules.

Aye, hadn't watched it back but seen the push now.

The meltdown in Scotland has been something to behold. You could argue that it's both yet Stewart has the TA on strings. Grim really.

Im no great lover of the Scotland team and it’s support but I thought they were hard done by getting that goal chopped off last night 

Once again VAR the culprit. It was brought in to reduce wrong decisions but seems more and more to be creating wrong decisions 

35 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Im no great lover of the Scotland team and it’s support but I thought they were hard done by getting that goal chopped off last night 

Once again VAR the culprit. It was brought in to reduce wrong decisions but seems more and more to be creating wrong decisions 

VAR has done very little to improve the consistency of decision making, that's for sure.

The officials seem to be influenced by the enormity of the decision, and spend more time forensically examining a call by a referee if it's a pivotal one in the game (or season). The result being that big decisions are more likely to get overturned on technicalities that are routinely overlooked the rest of the time.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

That referee was Holland's version of Willie Collum 

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought it was offside. 

If those refereeing decisions had been against Rangers the fans would be on here moaning until Christmas I'm no Scotland fan but even I felt for them , wouldn't surprise me if he was under instructions to make sure only the so called big nations get to Germany Everyone's aware that uefa are as twisted as a pig knob 

10 minutes ago, compo said:

If those refereeing decisions had been against Rangers the fans would be on here moaning until Christmas I'm no Scotland fan but even I felt for them , wouldn't surprise me if he was under instructions to make sure only the so called big nations get to Germany Everyone's aware that uefa are as twisted as a pig knob 

It doesn't matter: it was offside. 

The Scottish guy was offside, and he was so close to the goalkeeper that he could touch him, which he did. 

He wasn't much offside, and it wasn't a huge touch, but  he gave the officials a decision to make, and, on viewing replays, they came to the only decision that they could reasonably make. 

McTominey must still be gutted. 

"Scottish FA writes to Uefa seeking answers on VAR ruling in loss to Spain"

Could a replay be the answer?

Scottish FA writes to Uefa seeking answers on VAR ruling in loss to Spain

By Chris McLaughlinBBC Scotland sports news correspondent

Last updated on21 minutes ago21 minutes ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67103483

The Scottish FA is writing to Uefa seeking clarification on Scotland's disallowed goal in a 2-0 loss to Spain.

Scott McTominay thought he had given the visitors the lead with a stunning free-kick in Seville.

However, it was ruled out by Dutch referee Serdar Gozubuyuk after a video assistant referee (VAR) check.

The on-screen verdict inside the stadium was for a foul on goalkeeper Unai Simon but it was then attributed to offside against Jack Hendry.

The Scotland defender was deemed to be interfering with play due to his proximity to Simon.

In the aftermath of Scotland's first dropped points in Euro 2024 qualifying, head coach Steve Clarke insisted he wanted to move on from the incident, but the SFA want answers on how the decision was reached.

Midfielder John McGinn claimed Gozubuyuk had initially indicated his ruling was for a foul.

Talking to BBC Scotland, the Aston Villa player said: "The referee decides it's a foul. During the game, he changes his mind to say it's an offside. Not sure how clear that is. That's the thing that stings really.

"We get the big moment, we score. Jack's right leg is offside, but it's very, very harsh."