[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

Reading an interesting article on Muscat. Here are some highlights...

It’s not just the fact that he won it which makes it so impressive, but it is the way he went about it and the challenges he had to overcome that proves his credentials as a manager. Muscat’s Yokohama side played with flair and a high energy style reminiscent of the football Ange had them playing, while also putting his own stamp on the side as he refreshed the club with some smart recruitment to pull them out of their post-Postecoglou hangover.

Like with Ange, high energy football has always been a signature of Muscat’s teams. Playing against his Melbourne Victory side was always one of the most physically demanding games of the season. You knew it was going to happen, but the first 20 minutes still left you feeling like you’d been hit by a train. Through their aggression and pressing, they just suffocated you and before you knew it they were two or three goals ahead and the game was over.

Full article here:

https://sport.optus.com.au/news/tommy-oar/os50168/ange-postecoglou-kevin-muscat-celtic-yokohama-f-marinos-tommy-oar-column

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Beale was appointed because of his time spent at Rangers working for Gerrard. Too many of us thought his influence was much greater than it actually was. 

I think that people were right about Beale's role under Gerrard.

Being a good coach doesn't guarantee that someone will be a good manager.

Two things that I didn't like were his stated preference for working closely with the players and his apparent honesty with the press. These things are fine for a coach but, I think, they eventually undermine a manager.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think that people were right about Beale's role under Gerrard.

Being a good coach doesn't guarantee that someone will be a good manager.

I agree with that but I can't figure out why the team this season looked as if there had been little coaching and didn't have a style of play. Gerrard's team was structured and did have a defined set-up and way of playing and Beale must have had a fair bit of input into that so where did his coaching ability disappear to? All very strange.

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I agree with that but I can't figure out why the team this season looked as if there had been little coaching and didn't have a style of play. Gerrard's team was structured and did have a defined set-up and way of playing and Beale must have had a fair bit of input into that so where did his coaching ability disappear to? All very strange.

Maybe coaching will tell a team what to do while management will make them do it.

Maybe it is just that one man can't do two jobs.

30 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Perhaps the actual 'coaching' isn't as important as the decision what to coach and the motivation of those being coached. In the end, leadership is what motivates, not management. Put the wrong personality in charge of a group of men and their morale will quickly be undermined.

Whoever is chosen as our next Manager, it's essential he has the character and leadership qualities to get the last drop out of those he leads. We've all seen in recent weeks that, whatever else he might have done wrong, Beale was a fundamentally weak and needy personality. That's why he failed.

Edited by Bill