[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

34 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Why does Jansen strike fear into you?

• Dutch schooled manager - they don't tend to perform well outside of Holland 
  • AZ Alkmaar - were performing well under previous coach who done well at Feyenoord, has the built something better or is he keeping a good thing going
  • How much influence in transfers does he have or is it a DoF led / analyst & scout approach?
  • What is 'success' at Alkmaar? if its finishing about 8th place or higher in the league, that's not exactly representative of expectations here
  • Is 50 odd and in his first managers job
  • How often do AZ Alkmaar play against the low block and can he beat it?
  • Done ok in Europe to be fair

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:
  • Dutch schooled manager - they don't tend to perform well outside of Holland 
  • AZ Alkmaar - were performing well under previous coach who done well at Feyenoord, has the built something better or is he keeping a good thing going
  • How much influence in transfers does he have or is it a DoF led / analyst & scout approach?
  • What is 'success' at Alkmaar? if its finishing about 8th place or higher in the league, that's not exactly representative of expectations here
  • Is 50 odd and in his first managers job
  • How often do AZ Alkmaar play against the low block and can he beat it?
  • Done ok in Europe to be fair

At best, Jansen would be another gamble. We can't afford that and I hope we steer well clear.

4 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

He’s done well in Japan too but both clubs he’s done well at he’s come in straight after postecoglu, the one team he didn’t do that with he managed 2 wins in 15 before being sacked.

Yep, has basically taken over from him, kept the team playing the same way and if he gets stuck gives Ange a phone for advice. 

That's not a Rangers manager for me.

'Disappointed' would probably a better word.  However, I do think some of us harbour unrealistic expectations (myself included, at times).

Let's just hope the board don't take the easy/lazy route this time and appoint the person with the best credentials, within our affordability. 

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yep, has basically taken over from him, kept the team playing the same way and if he gets stuck gives Ange a phone for advice.

That's not a Rangers manager for me.

Muscat might be brilliant for Rangers. He might equally be another disaster. Whatever way you look at it, he would be another experiment, a gamble, and that alone should remove him from any serious consideration.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

'Disappointed' would probably a better word.  However, I do think some of us harbour unrealistic expectations (myself included, at times).

Let's just hope the board don't take the easy/lazy route this time and appoint the person with the best credentials, within our affordability. 

Yes, that's all they can do. If God himself was making the appointment there would still be no guarantees in this game. On this occasion however I don't believe Brian Laudrup is involved.

Reading a couple of posters saying that Dutch Managers don't tend to travel well outside of Holland.  Off the top of my head, i can think of the following who all had more than reasonable levels of success out with their home nation.

- Rijkaard

- Koeman

- Cruyff

- Advocaat

- Van Gaal

- Hiddink

Not suggesting that this is the level we are shopping for, and for every Cruyff there's a Martin Jol, but I'm not sure I'm buying this argument.

@Sutton_blows_goats @Rousseau