[FT] St Mirren 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 30' pen, 90+1'; Sima 71')

1 minute ago, Blue Moon said:

I thought you went for Clement?

Potter is my ideal appointment, but he's highly unlikely. I think he has even rejected an approach, if rumours are to be believed. 

I'd be happy with Clement. I think he's the standout of all the (realistic) options on the table. 

My xG tracking, if anyone's interested. 

Blue is our xG created, Red is xG against (our opponent's xG).

It's fine pre-split of last season, then it narrows during the post-split games. Then this season starts poorly (outwith Servette and Livingston, which was with a man advantage and a late flurry of goals), then it's choppy AF.

Ideally you want a bigger gap, so you've got the best chance of winning consistently. We've been too reliant on sneaking past teams, relying on superior players. 

Screenshot2023-10-0814_33_25.thumb.png.1146950f252aab5483771a2fbf703348.png

That was a good result today but let’s not kid ourselves that was a dung performance against ten men for most of the game. We really toiled against them and had the penalty incident not happened how would we have broken the deadlock. Hopefully a new manager is en route asap and we are not waiting too long. 

Lovelace and McCausland brought some well needed youthful exuberance into the team today, and wee Raskin was much better. Big Butland coming for crosses is a joy to see and Sima bags another. That said, We never looked like we had the numerical advantage after the sending off.