[FT] Sparta Prague 0 - 0 Rangers

55 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I never wanted Dessers in the first place (£5M for a 28-year-old is stupidity), but I'm not going to criticise him when he's here, same with Lammers.

Use them properly; use them to their strengths. 

Dessers is a penalty box striker. Give him chances in the box; he'll put them away. Don't expect him to run the channels and press. 

Lammers is a pressing forward, with good control, vision and positioning. Put him up-front - width of the goals - with someone to both feed and feed off. 

You've obviously got some surplus generosity you need to get rid of. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Lammers positioning is good...for someone who wants to avoid the ball.

Avoiding the ball is his best attribute. It's when he gets the ball that it all goes to shit.

Imagine being a Sparta fan this morning. “Couldnae beat that bunch o’ skirt wearin’ haggis munchers. Awright their goalie chose us tae throw a worldie but oor centre needs chased.” (They talk like that in Prague, I expect)

To be fair, I think it's clear Lammers has some good qualities as a footballer, but he is absolutely scared shitless. It's at the point where he appears to have already accepted that whatever he does isn't going to work. In my opinion there is a huge psychological job to be done on him,  not convinced he can turn it around after what has been 3 failed years and counting, it looks ingrained.

Edited by PoohBear

5 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

27/28 is absolutely fine. we don't have Arfield, McGregor or Davis in the squad anymore. They've all been phased out. I think we only had 1 player on the park over 30, and he's captain. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that a month after a new manager has come in to an injury ravaged squad with no transfer window open.  

We have a manager universally liked and respected by Rangers fans now. I reckon we can trust him to do the right thing over the next few windows. 

That's the biggest difference in the last 12 years. Clement is the only manager appointed by this club worthy of the title of Rangers manager since Walter Smith. A man of stature. A man of track record and experience. He clearly knows what he is doing. IMHO. 

A clean sheet away from home in Europe and the point you all craved pre match. Usually you need to play well or at least be strong defensively to get a clean sheet almost anywhere in Europe never mind against a team who had won 8 of their last 9 home matches. 

Tbf that team we put out yesterday would be the third oldest compared to the average ages of teams put out in the Premier League this season.

We need to bring it down imo, out of that XI that started there's probably only 2 with resale value - negligence.