'At' and 'Not at' moments

So, what are your favourite moments at and not at a match?

Me:

At - 2002 Cup Final.  I think I was on the supporters bus before I finished celebrating Lovenkrands winner.  I remember stewards telling my dad and me we had to leave the North Stand at Hampden.  I think I would've just stayed there forever, if allowed.  

Not At - Fiorentina 2008.  Was watching the match with my brother (not a Bear) in the house and about three seconds after Novo scored I had completely rearranged the living room. Two couches upended and God knows what else.  The neighbours complained to the landlord but I didn't care. 

At - October 1994 first OF game. Celtic 1-3 Rangers. Laudrup and Hateley ripped them apart at Hampden (while Parkhead was being rebuilt). 

Not At - Helicopter Sunday May 2005. Just finished a job on the Azerbaijan Georgia border and just got to Baku in time but couldnt choose what bar I could go to and ended up in a pub full of Celtic expat fans and workers. Incredible bounce on a sofa and table and somehow made it out. Partied for 2 days then flew to Heathrow spending the flight in the toilet all the way. 

At - beating that lot 1 - 0 at Hampden SCSF* after Joe the dip dived to get Robertson sent off. Pissed all night, they hit post and bar, bears never stopped singing. 

Not at - Helicopter Sunday, how could it be anything else?. I was working a 10hr shift, never took it off as no one seen it coming. Had a cast on my leg after breaking my foot playing 5s, had to jump the wall to get into the cross keys as the polis had told them to not let anyone else in.

* Destroying PSV in the CL at Ibrox pushed it close.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

At - Cup final 2009, 1-0 v Falkirk, Novo with the goal. First cup final I managed to get tickets to and was old enough to fly myself to Scotland. Perfectly sat behind, directly in line with Novo's strike.

Not at - 2002 Cup Final, 3-2, Ferguson and Lovenkrands. I didn't have Sky TV at home and my best mate's parents just go it and invited me round to watch it. Living in England, it was the first chance I had to watch Rangers in a cup final, live on TV. Remember going absolutely mental when Lovenkrands scored the winner

Edited by lenny3k

AT 1964 cup final no team deserved to lose  both teams played fantastic football that day

NT missed the fairs cup game at Newcastle despite being in the city I met a rather nice lady earlier that day and banged a double in .

• Rousseau changed the title to 'At' and 'Not at' moments

At - a toss up between Helicopter Sunday and winning the league at Parkhead. I think Helicpter Sunday just shades it. I had secured a ticket for HS and went out the night before in Edinburgh with some Hibs fans. Everyone one of them telling me we were going to do it!.

Woke up day of game, raging hangover and sense of impending doom. Said to other half I was going to forfeit my ticket. Luckily she talked me round and I went! 

Winning league at Parkhead, I only got a ticket the night before but again it was an amazing day and never to be forgotten.

Not At - probably Barcelona 1972. Was only 4 so don't know if that counts. Otherwise, like Gonzo it would be Fiorentina 2008.

At....

sat in the centenary stand with my soon to be wife. That Juve team was made up of mostly Italian internationalist.

Not...

although a hard trade to being there against flicking channels when Motherwell scored.

I have posted before about the good fortune of being a fifteen year old schoolboy and my old man taking me to Barca' in 1972, a truly magical three days.

I missed the 5-1 mauling of ra Sellik at Ibrox in September'88. I was in Oman and it was operational. On the Yemen border leading a recce patrol, we harboured up and set out two OPs. Stagging on during the silent hours, my signaller had rigged an ariel to receive the BBC World Service. It was most unprofessional, I had one ear pod secured listening Paddy Feeny's sports desk. He was a wonderful broadcaster and knew how to tease. He began by telling us there had been a six goal thriller at Ibrox then, played six dozen second commentary sequences of each goal. Of course, the green'n'grey hooped horrors notched first and I thought we have lost 0-6.

Even after the fourth sequence informed we had gone 3-1, I thought at least the worst will be 3-3. When Rangers fifth was relayed I indulged in the loudest and longest silent scream. I lapsed into further unprofessional behaviour(almost Bootneck behaviour) and imagined myself in the Enclosure bouncing and hugging fellow Bears.

At - last years ELSF against RB Leipzig at ibrox . The celebrations at the end in the SJ rear will live with me forever. 

Not at - more difficult. Beating Leeds Utd away in the CL probably. It was an exceptional result & silenced more than a few