[FT] Livingston 0 - 2 Rangers (Dessers 26; Tavernier 75pen)

13 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

All good stuff. Incredible someone who speaks so well and clearly knows the game so well can still select guys like Lammers, and even worse leave him on the pitch for so long. Was also good to hear, away from the presser, that he agreed with my opinion on us not playing well last night. We're almost on the same page. It's all nicey nicey positive stuff just now. Both Gio and Beale had great starts and both bubbles were burst by Celtic. Clements biggest test is the Celtic games. They are the ones that matter most. He needs to show he can, first score against them, and also beat them, home and away.  Games against the cannon fodder are bog standard gimmes. 

Feet on the ground loyal. Only an idiot gets too carried away with his start to life at Rangers. 

Thought our first half was our strongest 45mins of any game this year.

Also, re big Sam, thanks Gaffer 

Screenshot_20231111_091323_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Rousseau changed the title to Livingston vs Rangers

Happy talkin', talkin', happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?

It's good to have some positivity, at last, and, dare I say, on field, and off field. 

It is only the beginning, of course, and The Man is having to play with the hand he has picked up. 

So far, it appears to me, he is doing pretty well, and with players many of whom we had consigned to the brock-bin only a few weeks ago. It is make do and mend, for the time being. 

Are we seeing, merely, the fabled 'new manager bounce', which, admittedly, is not really that high, which often ends with a reversion to the mean, in a matter of weeks? I'm not sure, but, for what it is worth, PC does not seem like the bouncy type. I think that he is  shrewder, cooler, more anlytical, with an aversion to blethers, and blethering.  As for the players, I do not think that they will/would be able to 'see-off' this Manger, readily. 

We'll see of course, but better organised football, more on the front foot is better to watch, and has so far been effective. It has, however, exposed a lack of fitness among the players, and that is a concern, albeit one which may be readily fixed in a fairly short timescale. 

The enigma of Lammers (and of Lammers' selections) remains, of course. Is he what is called a 'players' player'? I don't know. Maybe he is the only card that PC has in his current hand to play, a one-eyed Jack, or something. Don't ask me about Dessers. 

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Virtually all are delighted with how the team is now playing compared to a month ago

Mostly with the same players too. There's every reason to be optimistic at the moment. He has a huge job trying to win the league though. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Mostly with the same players too. There's every reason to be optimistic at the moment. He has a huge job trying to win the league though. 

We've seen so many times that there are no guarantees, whoever is in charge. However, it doesn't take a genius to see the clear difference between Clement and Beale. Clement might not fill the trophy cabinet but at least I'll have confidence in his efforts to do so. The first time I heard him speak about this job I was impressed by his calm self-assured realism and I felt instantly this was someone the players would respect. I'm already looking forward to this part of our journey.

5 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Happy talkin', talkin', happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?

It's good to have some positivity, at last, and, dare I say, on field, and off field. 

It is only the beginning, of course, and The Man is having to play with the hand he has picked up. 

So far, it appears to me, he is doing pretty well, and with players many of whom we had consigned to the brock-bin only a few weeks ago. It is make do and mend, for the time being. 

Are we seeing, merely, the fabled 'new manager bounce', which, admittedly, is not really that high, which often ends with a reversion to the mean, in a matter of weeks? I'm not sure, but, for what it is worth, PC does not seem like the bouncy type. I think that he is  shrewder, cooler, more anlytical, with an aversion to blethers, and blethering.  As for the players, I do not think that they will/would be able to 'see-off' this Manger, readily. 

We'll see of course, but better organised football, more on the front foot is better to watch, and has so far been effective. It has, however, exposed a lack of fitness among the players, and that is a concern, albeit one which may be readily fixed in a fairly short timescale. 

The enigma of Lammers (and of Lammers' selections) remains, of course. Is he what is called a 'players' player'? I don't know. Maybe he is the only card that PC has in his current hand to play, a one-eyed Jack, or something. Don't ask me about Dessers. 

Tall oaks from little acorns grow 

Would love it if young Ross gets a start tomorrow, Jack needs to come out as well given his workload and the surface at Livi.

Maybe Cifu coming in for him?

And Ridvan for Borna, so:

Butland

Tav         Goldson     Davies        Ridvan

Cifu   Lundstram

McCausland      Cantwell         Sima

Danilo

That's my preffered, I'd be shocked if it came through though ha.