[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 90+4pen)

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Aberdonians may not be big city slickers, compo,but they’re not teuchters either. That’s reserved for Highlandmen.

The message is correct, though and as Bill says, they will be targeting Cantwell, their new Morelos.

You'll have to give me a name for these aberdonian thugs in Glasgow they're known as Ned's what's the Aberdeen equivalent.

8 hours ago, compo said:

You'll have to give me a name for these aberdonian thugs in Glasgow they're known as Ned's what's the Aberdeen equivalent.

It was still Neds there also. Going to school there I was a victim a few times of so called hardmen in groups who picked the easy target of 2 teenagers. Scott is correct though Teuchters are from the towns and villages going west and north and by no certain terms would I be a Teuchter 😄

This was always their cup final when I was going to Pittodrie but we had an immense record there in the 90s and 00s. It was a great day out and a home game for me. The games when I didnt have a ticket in advance - there was nothing better than going up to Altens area as a 16 / 17 year old with cold cans of Tennents waiting for the Gers buses come through to get a ticket. 

Have to say I dont know much about the current Aberdeen team but if Celtic just put 6 past them then they cant be great despite raising their game on Sunday. But I am looking forward to the game - there is just something refreshing about our games at the moment since Beale left. 

14 hours ago, compo said:

The East coast equivalent of the Ned is the "Schemie". I don't know if that term is used as far North as Aberdeen. 

What I do know is that when East coast types fulminate against or about West coast Neds, a mere mention of the speech, behaviour, and lifestyle, of  the Schemie is enough to clam and clamp them. Wankers.

Aberdonians? I have struggled for years to find a word which adequately conveys the utter contempt in which I hold them, having had the misfortune to work with such fowk, some years ago. They are, as I see it, transparently Rubes, Hillbilly types (without the musical talent). 

I would welcome any suggestions for an appropriate, accurate,  pejorative label. 

"Teuchters" are, traditionally, native Gaelic speakers.