The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It's hardly the odd cross, his assists and scoring stats are unreal for a right back. All for a couple of hundred grand IIRC. 

... 7,5 years ago. He's not the future, nor the messiah of all right-backs. Point regarding his contribution and the criticism on his performances remains. He's having a good season now, as he had during the 55 one. And I'll stop turning this into a Tav debate now. I see your point, know the arguments, and do not agree.

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... 7,5 years ago. He's not the future, nor the messiah of all right-backs. Point regarding his contribution and the criticism on his performances remains. He's having a good season now, as he had during the 55 one. And I'll stop turning this into a Tav debate now. I see your point, know the arguments, and do not agree.

On the whole, Tav has been good for Rangers, there's no disputing that. But he's also cost us dearly from time to time.

That said, I think replacing him should now be coming to the top of our to-do list.

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

'Pocket sultan'! Great, that. I think Yilmaz is bound for Verona as the Doig replacement. I too would prefer him to stay; against Killie he was always looking to go forward, inside or out cf Barasic back and sides movement. Hope the boy Smal turns out to be a bigger Ridvan.

Rangers might not be perfect but they ain't stupid.

Unless they either have a ridiculous offer for him, or ink to paper from another guy I don't think we are gonna see him go.

All this horse hockey about loaning him out makes zero sense.

Why? Two deep in a position, one guy leavin in a few months and the other you just paid big caish for, and you're gonna loan him out?

People just talkin out their ass. 

He looked decent against zeh chermans yesterday.

Little man was all over that pitch. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Apparently, Utrecht fans are calling for Lammars to be signed on a permanent deal after his debut in 0-0 away draw at Vitesse. He's all yours. 

PS. He played up top as the main striker.

kill me now barney stinson GIF

5 hours ago, Bill said:

On the whole, Tav has been good for Rangers, there's no disputing that. But he's also cost us dearly from time to time.

That said, I think replacing him should now be coming to the top of our to-do list.

The issue is, goalkeeper apart, most areas are coming to the top of our to do list ;

Left back

Centre Back

Midfielder who can dictate a game 

Wide right player 

Wide Left player (if we don't sign sima) 

Centre forward or two

I'd say replacing Tav is bottom of that list 

Edited by CammyF