The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

You forget the high number of free kicks as well. We all know he is suspect defensively but if he wasn't, he would be in the EPL and the England team. To replace him, we would need to find a RB who can give us his goals tally (leaving aside penalties) and that is near nigh impossible on our budget.

I do not forget this. Like I do not forget all those attempts where he could not hit a barn door from a reasonable free-kick position but still pushed anyone else away, bar Borna on the odd occasion. Countless games where he managed to hit the first man with 8 out of 10 attempted crosses, a neat pass-back to a Yahoo to kill any hopes of a title back in the season pre-55. He's part of every slaughtering by the Yahoos past promotion etc..

He is having a good season now, as I noted above. Stats and performance wise. He will be with us for some time still, but he, like Ridvan, is not beyond criticism. And some of the latter levelled at Ridvan (and sometimes Borna) is ridiculous, not least if compared to Tavernier's performance on those very days.

Tavernier's achievements at Rangers seems to be in somewhat inverse proportion to the achievements of the team as a whole. Probably just coincidence but worth some careful thought 😉

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

Tavernier's achievements at Rangers seems to be in somewhat inverse proportion to the achievements of the team as a whole. Probably just coincidence but worth some careful thought 😉

Same could be said for Davie Cooper in early to mid 80s. Can't remember anyone saying he was a bad player.

It's worth noting that Helander has played 10 competitive matches for Odense since the summer. Rangers have played 33 competitive matches in that same time period. 

Just now, compo said:

Do you think we'll sign anyone this window or just keep the Dosh for some summer buying.

Reading between the lines, I personally think we'll only spend if its our absolute first choice signing, otherwise we'll plug that gap with a loan until summer. 

I also think we have a number of players lined up to go after but we're waiting til the end of the window, or until another interested club shows its hand...

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

56 assists and 33 goals in 218 games. 

works hard as fuck. 

i loved him 

Insanely overrated...limited skill set, phoned it in for large portions of his Rangers career.

His level is Blackpool, or Wigan. 

League one, two...some smaller Championship clubs perhaps?

Never cared for him. 

TBF Liverpool fleeced us.