ACAB banner yesterday

16 hours ago, Scott7 said:

There’s a not displeasing spontaneity about that but imagine sitting at home, making your wee flag or even worse, spending money buying one then toting it on to the ‘bus and fluttering at the ground while you’re waiting for your team to score a goal. May as well take your library book if you’re not all that interested in the football.

I can suggest a reading list, if you will. Starting with, "The Revolutionist's Handbook" by George Bernard Shaw.

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I can suggest a reading list, if you will. Starting with, "The Revolutionist's Handbook" by George Bernard Shaw.

A work which has eluded me. Might have a squint at it on Kindle though that’s not the best medium for reading. Maybe a ps on the letter to Santa.

18 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

A work which has eluded me. Might have a squint at it on Kindle though that’s not the best medium for reading. Maybe a ps on the letter to Santa.

Shaw had his tongue in his cheek; he was no anarchist but an odd mix of Fabian and right wing (he believed in eugenics, long now discredited, though come to think of it, maybe not a bad idea for that character on the Keltic video the other day).

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not to hard to see how this can be applied by over zealous jobsworths on football fans who seem to be perceived by the powers that be as the lowest echelon of society. 

If you want to fix an issue with football supporters fix the issue in general society. Anything else is just lazy.

Are the police clamping down on them because they're football fans or for other reasons?

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Are the police clamping down on them because they're football fans or for other reasons?

In my opinion the police just do as they are told. They don't make decisions or apply common sense.

Football fans are easy targets. Our supporters more than others. I think the authorities are still stuck in the 80's where every football supporter is a working class hooligan.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In my opinion the police just do as they are told. They don't make decisions or apply common sense.

Football fans are easy targets. Our supporters more than others. I think the authorities are still stuck in the 80's where every football supporter is a working class hooligan.

I believe that there's a bit more to it than that but I'm going to leave it there.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

All cops are bastards;

All bastards are human;

therefore all humans are cops

The syllogism breaks down somewhere.....

Aristotle right?

I remember fifty years past, enduring a first year lecture at Uni' that began with another Aristotle quote, 'Man is a rational animal therefore a political animal'.

Shuggy Aristotle was the very epitome of profundity.