[FT] Real Betis 2 - 3 Rangers (Sima 10; Dessers 20; Roofe 78)

Call me mad but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a result tonight, it tends to happen when a team is injury ravaged - or at least it does with Rangers.

When we're missing big players we don't tend to get beat soundly, e.g. Seville and Ange's first OF.

I'm weirdly zen for it.

Mon then lads!

Referee - Srdjan Jovanović (SRB)

Assistants - Uroš Stojković (SRB) and Milan Mihajlović (SRB)

Fourth Official - Novak Simović (SRB)

Video Assistant Referee - Pol van Boekel (NED)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee - Clan Ruperti (NED)

Missing - Steven Davis (knee), Zak Lovelace (muscle), Nicolas Raskin (ankle), Ryan Jack (muscle), Tom Lawrence (calf), Danilo Pereira (knee), Todd Cantwell (family reasons); Ridvan Yilmaz, Kieran Dowell, Leon Balogun (not in EL squad)

42 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

What happens if we get neither. Putting eggs in one basket is risky as hell.

Let's be realistic, we aren't going to win a European trophy with this squad (you should read your own posts after the recent Aberdeen and Aris matches, if you disagree).  

Our injuries keep piling up and our squad is full of past it and/or dross players.

The yahoos may not be very good but they beat us at Ibrox and are ahead of us in the league.

Our over-focus on Europe recently has allowed Celtc to rake it in...millions upon millions of pounds more than us.  

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Let's be realistic, we aren't going to win a European trophy with this squad (you should read your own posts after the recent Aberdeen and Aris matches, if you disagree).  

Our injuries keep piling up and our squad is full of past it and/or dross players.

The yahoos may not be very good but they beat us at Ibrox and are ahead of us in the league.

Our over-focus on Europe recently has allowed Celtc to rake it in...millions upon millions of pounds more than us.  

I hate to see this stuff parroted about Celtic ..... "they're a poor team", "they're not world beaters", "they're not a great side" or simply "they're shite" ..... the inference being that we would sweep them aside if only everyone signed up to this simplistic claptrap. 

Firstly, there hasn't been a 'great' side in Scotland in my lifetime. Secondly, trophies aren't won on the basis of achieving a particular standard, they're decided by being relatively better or worse than your competitors. If Celtic are genuinely so 'shite' then why is their trophy cabinet full while ours is empty? They might be 'shite' compared with Man City but they haven't been 'shite' compared with Rangers for many years.

I think it would make a whole lot more sense to do our gloating after winning some silverware.