if we did drop any points against gretna then i'm sure fans would then say well maybe we should've posponed it. 3 points in every game is vital and I would rather play with our top strentgh team in every game no matter who it's against rather than field a 2nd string team as it might come back to bite us in the bum!!!

if we did drop any points against gretna then i'm sure fans would then say well maybe we should've posponed it. 3 points in every game is vital and I would rather play with our top strentgh team in every game no matter who it's against rather than field a 2nd string team as it might come back to bite us in the bum!!!

Or if we suffer any other injury blows to key players (like Fergie, JCD, LMcC, CC) etc, will be happy with picking up 3 points then going into the Lyon game with an understrenth team?

We should have the squad to deal with Gretna, but do we have the strength in depth to deal with Lyon?

Scotland asked for the OF games to be rearranged due to fear of injuries, Rangers are simply doing the same. In fact, Celtc, in hindsight, are wishing that they had asked for their game v Hearts to have been rearranged.

Cammy F

If Scotland lost any of our preferred starting XI then our next lot of players drop down a level and we were up against the world champions and trying to qualify for the first time in 10 years.

We are playing Gretna in a tournament that comes round every year and Lyon are in the same boat in the french league.

This team wont play against Gretna but even if it did it should still be enough for a win.

_________________Carroll_________________

Whittaker____Ehiogu______Broadfoot_____Papac

Naismith_____Faye______Thomson______Adam/Gow

_____________Boyd_____Buffel____________

I think its a great idea

Gretna showed they werent pushovers against Celtic a few months ago so it might not be an easy game as we all think

What happens if we do play them and Ferguson gets injured along with Cuellar or someoner. Then we will be saying why was it not postponed, it is basically giving ourselfs a chance to get through by having our full strength squad to play and there at there full fitness

If Scotland lost any of our preferred starting XI then our next lot of players drop down a level and we were up against the world champions and trying to qualify for the first time in 10 years.

We are playing Gretna in a tournament that comes round every year and Lyon are in the same boat in the french league.

This team wont play against Gretna but even if it did it should still be enough for a win.

_________________Carroll_________________

Whittaker____Ehiogu______Broadfoot_____Papac

Naismith_____Faye______Thomson______Adam/Gow

_____________Boyd_____Buffel____________

I think the key word in there is SHOULD.... That team has NEVER played together, Faye is injured (or in jail), Gow is so far of the radar that I am more likely to get a game against Gretna, and losing Thomson or Adam (considering the injuries we have) against Gretna would be a blow going inot the Lyon game.

We all have our opinions on the merits of cancelling this game, some will agree some will not. No right or wrong, just some people will think it should be rearranged (or at least put back to the Saturday or even the Friday night) some won't.

Cammy F

I would personally say it doesnt need to be postponed but come the Lyon game I would probably think it was a decent idea if it does. However I just dont want to see this sort of thing taking off round the country and in europe or games will be postponed left right and centre. The Scotland game was a one-off and a situation for the national side to be again wont come around for a long time. I also think the every SPL game should have been postponed that day and not just the OF games to keep in line with fairness.

No way will my team above play against Gretna but it shows that we should have enough options to rest our important players or take them off after an hour or so.

However if we were playing Hibs away (for example) then I think there would be a much louder voice to postpone that game, i think maybe its the view that we are playing Gretna and should automatically win.

So if Hutton, BF or McGregor get injured against Lyon next week we should seek a postponement of the following game too ? Come on, we should have a squad big enough to cope.

I would personally say it doesnt need to be postponed but come the Lyon game I would probably think it was a decent idea if it does. However I just dont want to see this sort of thing taking off round the country and in europe or games will be postponed left right and centre. The Scotland game was a one-off and a situation for the national side to be again wont come around for a long time. I also think the every SPL game should have been postponed that day and not just the OF games to keep in line with fairness.

No way will my team above play against Gretna but it shows that we should have enough options to rest our important players or take them off after an hour or so.

However if we were playing Hibs away (for example) then I think there would be a much louder voice to postpone that game, i think maybe its the view that we are playing Gretna and should automatically win.

It already happens in some parts of Europe where games will be moved to midweek to give teams a full week to prepare for an upcoming important European game. In fact, I am sure Lyon have a free weekend next weekend.

I also think (rightly or wrongly) that Club football is now far more important (in terms of money, tv deals etc) than international games and in 10 years time it may not be uncommon for Internationals to be rearranged to suit domestic games (just look at the luke-warm reception the 'Celtc Cup' got from managers).

Cammy F

To be fair though Gribz.... Lyon's game next week has already been postponed (I believe)