[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

4 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Decisions didn't lose us the game today, the simple fact is that we aren't good enough and we haven't been for a long time. We've seen it before that this side can't even beat a severely depleted Celtic team. They had two different CD lineups today who were inexperienced and we couldn't test them. That is the simple truth, whenever we get into a decent position we conspire to fuck it up for ourselves.

Nobody is blaming decisions!

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Thought this at the time, oddly wasn’t checked or mentioned 

Thank fuck for that photo.... i was screaming for 10mins afterwords that the ball was out infact i'm still angry it was allowed.

OK. I have been trying to understand the nuances of the cheating today, particularly wrt the 'penalty' against the fellow with the facial challenge. (Did Cher not do a film about this guy?)

It is quite clear that

-the fizzog handled the ball, and put it out of play

-the fizzog prevented Sima from scoring or creating a goal scoring opportunity

-the referee did not award a pen

-the Var man (Colum) reviewed the decision and confirmed  that there was no pen

-the game re-started with a goal kick

-subsequently (after 20/30 mins) it was revealed that Sima/AN Other was offside, and, thus,  no pen could have been awarded

Now, and this will sound like Timothology, but roolz is roolz, it is clear that

-a goal was not scored

-this constrained the involvement of VAR, excluding everything, bar its involvement in the pen/no pen decision

-VAR confrimed the referee's verdict of no pen

-this decision was based on nothing, given that the hand ball was as clear as you would ever wish to see

-the referee awarded a goal kick, so the putative, and at that time, unremarked, off-side was irrelevant, as it was anyway, given that a goal was not scored

Cheated? Rules abused? Surprised?

56 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Andy McGowan is spot on.

It was 15 minutes into the second half and over thirty minutes since the hand ball incident that Sky clutched at the offside straw. Mike Conroy, former Referee and Sellik man has already decreed the VAR team would not have looked at the offside element unless a goal had been scored. Willie Collum was on VAR and he has a family. Collum awarded our last league penalty at Sellik Park in 2010 and he and his family received death threats that weekend. Two months later, the Refs went on strike because of constant inTIMidation from one club.

Not sure I believe they wouldn't look at the offside decision unless it was a goal. Are you saying they should have awarded a pen through VAR and then done another VAR check to rule it out? That doesn't seem right to me. 

Seen we had 0.99 to their 0.7 xG, probably tells you how bad our finishing was.

I think Clement will have us within a win when they come to Ibrox tbh.

Feel for him because this squad have a massive inferiority complex against Celtic, he's not a psychologist.