[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

It's probably fair I add some context to today's banning.

Over the years we will never punish alternative views - even if they may go against the grain. For example, there's plenty to take heart from since Clement came in but it's fairly obvious to me we're still well short in key areas.  Dessers, for all his good work, just isn't good enough and we're too reliant on Sima who we ask far too much from.

That kind of comment is constructive, fair and and difficult to object too.

By way of comparison, cheap insults of players, coaches and anyone else just won't be tolerated despite polite private requests to refrain.

Today was a horrible result but we're still well in this title race if we can make the required chances on personnel. That's the ultimate take away.

I think we all had our suspicions mate and you gave him as long as you could. Agree with your comments about the game too. We didn't turn up today and despite some very questionable refereeing and var issues we ultimately got what we deserved. We aren't out of it yet but will need at least four points out of the two remaining OF games

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought that at the time, but the ball in that photo looks in to me. 

It looks like its on its way back in. I'd be interested in a still frame just before this that may show how wide the arc was. millimetres maybe, but the Lino should have seen. 

42 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Not sure I believe they wouldn't look at the offside decision unless it was a goal. Are you saying they should have awarded a pen through VAR and then done another VAR check to rule it out? That doesn't seem right to me. 

Apologies for the tardiness of reply. The wife called me to the table to consume left over Cote de Boeuf immersed in a shallot and red wine jus. A culinary triumph of presentation over content, particularly when accompanied by a red Burgundy.

Rangers mirrored the content, a lack of quality was superseded by a sauce of questionable refereeing. The decision in question was unanimously decried by all the panelists working for both BBC Scotland and Sky. Thus, Tom English, Pat Bonner, Lee Anne Chricton, James McFadden, Neil Lennon, Kris Boyd, ....... etc all declared penalty and as a consequence the already cautioned Johnston should have been the recipient of a second yellow card. Sellik know the value of seizing and maintaining control of the narrative.

There is an offside call in the build up to the deliberate punching of the ball out of play but, that is not why a penalty was not awarded. VAR only checks for offside if there is a consequence ie a goal. The VAR check ruled out the penalty within thirty seconds. The time line is important because it took thirty minutes to find the possible offside and decide it was THE narrative. Clearly, Johnston punches the ball out thus, the worst Rangers should have received was a corner kick. VAR cannot acknowledge the hand to ball because then, it has to accept it is a penalty. VAR confirmed the Ref's decision to award a bye kick.

Neither VAR nor the match officials awarded an offside free kick to ra Sellik.

At a minimum, we should've got a draw today.

That farcical decision today should be the end of Collum.

I hope we bury him and the rest of these useless scumtic fans in black going forward.

No more nice guy Rangers I want their throats!

Edit: just saw as well when Dessers is through on goal Johnston misses the ball and catches Dessers so that's 2 penalty denied today.

Time to call it out in the future and set the agenda in the run-up to these games going forward. Far too much money at stake to just sit idly by and accept the blatant corruption in Scottish football for the benefit of one club!

Edited by DJRFC

3 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Decisions didn't lose us the game today, the simple fact is that we aren't good enough and we haven't been for a long time. We've seen it before that this side can't even beat a severely depleted Celtic team. They had two different CD lineups today who were inexperienced and we couldn't test them. That is the simple truth, whenever we get into a decent position we conspire to fuck it up for ourselves.

We're not great but that shouldn't be a reason for ignoring corrupt refereeing. Are we only allowed to highlight it when we play well?