[FT] Rangers 3 (McCausland 41'; Sima 45'; Cantwell 61') - 1 Kilmarnock

Wee Ridvan was excellent today. Beaton getting revenge on us for daring to question spI refs. Thought Dowell & McCausland were very good too. The big failing was no fourth goal to make my prediction come true. 

A good reaction today following Saturday’s disappointment at the girodome which wasn’t all of our own making

The two goals before halftime settled us despite Beaton awarding a penalty to Killie to please the mhedia. I dislike Beaton &  have never forgiven him for the 3-2 game at ibrox in 2017 against hibz.

I thought we were better second half & should have got more goals. I hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us later in the season.

one final wee point about McAusland. Is it just me or does he cut inside too often? Go outside, head for the byline and put a ball into the six yard box

That players like Ridvan, Sterling, Dowell, McCausland and Dessers have emerged from the disarray of Beale's tenure to make solid contributions is testament to the current manager's coaching abilities. He said he would improve these players and that is largely what he has done. The future is looking brighter.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

That players like Ridvan, Sterling, Dowell, McCausland and Dessers have emerged from the disarray of Beale's tenure to make solid contributions is testament to the current manager's coaching abilities. He said he would improve these players and that is largely what he has done. The future is looking brighter.

Whilst I largely agree, I think itz too early to put Yilmaz in this category. A decent performance today but we've seen flashes of that previously. He now needs a run of consistent performances and stay injury free. 

Not convinced he is what is required and think we need a new left back in January. No coincidence that we have been linked with a couple 

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

It's becoming so difficult to know what a penalty is these days! aye the ball hit his arm, however what is a player meant to do with his arms in that kind of situation? it was a last minute lunge to try and prevent a cross! how is it possible to do that without moving your arms?. 

As I said before, it's a stupid rule which needs to be binned. Not just us it's happening to.

20 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

As I said before, it's a stupid rule which needs to be binned. Not just us it's happening to.

Offside is a load of nonsense now too.  It was far better when players interfering with play (ie in the line of sight of any defenders or the goalkeeper) were also counted as offside.  

Good result today and a decent performance.  McCausland and Sima took their goals very well and I thought Yilmaz and Dowell both played their part in breaking the opposition down.  

We haven't done too well after recent Winter breaks but hopefully Clement can sort that out, with the help of one or two additions.

Edited by Gonzo79

First game of 2024 and enjoyed some of our play which was at times electrifying.

For first time in a while I thought there were no real failures,although Dessers continues to exasperate,but his ball to McCausland was sublime.

Defence much steadier and a couple of really good Goldson clearing headers.

Had talked with my son on the way up from the subway about need for a left back then saw Ridvan have a deserved MoM of match award.

Although we still need a couple of signings I wonder how thing might be when we have our injuries cleared up.

Anyway a good start to 2024 that we must keep up.