[FT] Benfica 2 - 2 Rangers (Lawrence 7; Sterling 45+5)

I am happy, was hoping for a draw against Benfica to ensure another enjoyable trip to Lisbon.

My advice to those intending to travel is thus :

1. Leave the Fado to Spiersy and Ewan Murray. How many over wrought songs about lonely seagulls can one person endure?

2. Find a restaurant offering wooden boards of Serrano and ewes' milk cheese, delicious particularly when accompanied with a bottle of Douro.

3. Make the effort of a morning to attend my favourite bakery, 'Manteigaria' - on Rua do Loreto. Excellent coffee and the best pasteis de nata(custard tarts).

On 24/02/2024 at 11:09, Bluedell said:

It's crap that the kick off is 5.45. Lots of people won't be able to make it, my daughter and her friend, for example. 

Implications for supporters clubs as well. Our usual bus company have most / all of their buses dedicated to contracted school runs, so we'll be struggling to get a bus. Dare say most coach companies will be the same. 

15 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

One for the more eagle eyed fans or anaroks out there... 

If you want to run your eyes over Benfica, they kick off at 6pm tonight (not sure who their opponents are). 

They won 4-0 but, the team they were playing are 16th so near the relegation zone