[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 55' pen; Sima 86'; Matondo 90+3') - 3 Celtic

1 hour ago, Fa1833 said:

Talk about Sutton blaming tick tok Todd for his actions after full time, I think he needs to look more closely at the game to get the full picture before making any kind of judgements. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/inside-callum-mcgregor-todd-cantwell-28957276

Win the league and nobody will care about, or even remember, the rubbish that either one has said.

5 hours ago, CammyF said:

Beaton was yards away from both penalties and didn't give them. They were both given by VAR.

I could see from the middle of the main stand that it was a penalty so you have to wonder how a ref standing yards away can miss it. 🤔

Maybe if he hadn't been rolling around embarrassingly previously, the ref may not have been so quick to try and get him for diving

Edited by lenny3k

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I could see from the middle of the main stand that it was a penalty so you have to wonder how a ref standing yards away can miss it. 🤔

Exactly - he missed all 3 major incidents on Sunday. Are referees now relying on VAR? Some are saying VAR are re-refereeing games, it's because they have to as on-field referees are missing the obvious.

Just look at how many of our penalties have been awarded by on-field referees against how many VAR have awarded.

Edited by CammyF

29 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I think that VAR has given refs a get out clause - if even remotely unsure, they can just wait for VAR to correct them.

Happens everywhere too, not just in Scotland. 

39 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Similarly, I sit on the half way line in Bar'72 and was immediately convinced Johnston's challenge was a penalty.

Now, Chris Sutton was on the SKY TV gantry with several live feed monitors, saw it from all angles and concluded, "Silva is a cheat". He went further stating, "cheats should not be rewarded". Michael Stewart on BBC Scotland was also exasperated, "Alistair Johnston got the ball". However, what both Chris and Michael deliberately ignored was the ball slapping Canuck also carried through and kicked Silva on the knee.

Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart are a pair of Cupid Stunts, they should get a room and cultivate their hate.

Anyone actually saw any foul on Silva a few mins before he got the penalty at roughly the same spot? I'm pretty sure it looked like he was bundled over (Iberian style) and waited for a replay that never came.

Edited by der Berliner

2 hours ago, lenny3k said:

Maybe if he hadn't been rolling around embarrassingly previously, the ref may not have been so quick to try and get him for diving

That shouldn't really matter (i know it probably does) but a good referee would always look at an incident in isolation and without bias.