Rangers are absolutely pathetic at playing football. I don't know if it's the tactics that WS sets out but why do we wait until the last 15/20 minutes to up the gears?

The performance today and on Wednesday night against Gretna was nothing short of brutal. The first touch of nearly every player is terrible and some of them can't pass a ball 10 yards to their own team mates. It's basic skills that we can't do. The foreigners aren't as bad as the Scots, inparticualr Adam and Whittaker.

If the players can't even control and pass a ball we have no chance of playing anywhere near decent football.

Who actually enjoys watching Rangers these days? It's painful. I was tempted to turn over to the Everton game.

I'm glas I gave up my ST. Fans are being ripped off to fuck by the club. Spending all that money following Rangers and having to put up with shite like that.

In 1 word how would you describe Rangers performances? Mines is BORING!

Rangers are absolutely pathetic at playing football. I don't know if it's the tactics that WS sets out but why do we wait until the last 15/20 minutes to up the gears?

The performance today and on Wednesday night against Gretna was nothing short of brutal. The first touch of nearly every player is terrible and some of them can't pass a ball 10 yards to their own team mates. It's basic skills that we can't do. The foreigners aren't as bad as the Scots, inparticualr Adam and Whittaker.

If the players can't even control and pass a ball we have no chance of playing anywhere near decent football.

Who actually enjoys watching Rangers these days? It's painful. I was tempted to turn over to the Everton game.

I'm glas I gave up my ST. Fans are being ripped off to fuck by the club. Spending all that money following Rangers and having to put up with shite like that.

In 1 word how would you describe Rangers performances? Mines is BORING!

not great today no, the gretna game was ok IMO, we made plenty of chances just never took them and started to panic a bit, wouldn't call it brutal tho.

the 3 or 4 games before the gretna game were the best all season and that I have enjoyed for a while, good football to watch IMO.

teams like inverness and gretna don't really let other teams play good football and why should they they are playing to their strengths and it stops the flow of playing good football, we have or should have players to deal with this but sometimes it doesn't happen, you can't play good all season long and in crap weather no matter how good you are.

3 points while not playing well is a must and we have done that in the last 2 games..

If you don't like it fans don't have to pay just like yourself.

I think you are a bit harsh but that's just my opinion m8.

Harsh? I think it's harsh they way the fans are shat upon from a great height by the club.

Until Rangers start playing to a better standard I won't be wasting my money on Rangers. They've taken more than enough off me in years gone by.

So bud, you're happy paying good money to watch players pass the ball 10 yards to an opposition player? Happy to pay good money to watch Rangers players who are on thousands of pounds a week who can't even control a ball?

Gazza mate, I think all football clubs have been ripping fans off.

The last time I can actually say I really enjoyed football was back in the season 88-89. The first of the N.I.A.R.

And I have to agree that the levels of footie in Scotland are a poor substitue for the EPL. But what do you do when you have poor teams week in week out.

I see what your saying Gav and it hasnt been pretty this week at all. But I was just having a wee look at the league table and would take our current situation over what we have had in the past few years.

Without being pretty we have managed to get ourselves ahead in the league and in 15 short weeks we could be league champions again, with a few cups in the bag again.

Now that Walter has turned us round hopefully we can start to play better football. Id like to see better play but still rather be ahead of Celtic this way. One thing about Smith is, he has made us very difficult to beat. He favours this 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 but for me, all he needs is to make a few changes and we will play better. Id put Novo back on the right and Buffel / Gow in for Naismith and keep Cousin upfront.

In the last few years we've had the same dire stuff under McLeish and ended up losing games like Inverness away.

Persevere :cheers:

Harsh? I think it's harsh they way the fans are shat upon from a great height by the club.

Until Rangers start playing to a better standard I won't be wasting my money on Rangers. They've taken more than enough off me in years gone by.

So bud, you're happy paying good money to watch players pass the ball 10 yards to an opposition player? Happy to pay good money to watch Rangers players who are on thousands of pounds a week who can't even control a ball?

I'm happy to pay to watch Rangers yes and always will be like many others ...you are not also like many others. I don't think I'm being shat on or I wouldn't go watch.

This is not all Rangers fault IMO, what chance do you have playing good football all/most of the time that our fans want/demand when all most of the other clubs want to do is shut you out and keep you from playing good football or break your legs? We do/done it in Europe and get slagged of. I do think however some of our players are not good enough and we need better quality but we can't attract the best players in the world/europe or even the UK now as our league is not a high profile one with most clubs having little or no money and no one wants to invest in them as you don't make money investing in football clubs do you. Look at Aberdeen last week they can't even come close to championship clubs for wages and never will again. We also won't improve our football playing the teams in the SPL IMO.

Rangers and Celtic can get bigger 'stars' but not many will come and play in the SPL to play the likes of Gretna, ICT etc when they can play the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal on a regular basis playing for average clubs in the EPL and who most if not all can dwarf even the old firms wages. Even the Champions league every year won't sway players for snubbing us to join the likes of Portsmouth etc so what chance do we have?

Of course I would love to see fast flowing fantastic football but if I did I'd move to a different country and watch another team but I won't :D

This season is about winning the league no matter how we win in IMO. Compared to last season it's a bloody big step forward to say the least and if it means playing ugly most of it then I will settle for that just now. Hopefully in the future once we are back on top we get in only players who will improve the first 11 and not any more squad players as I think we have enough along with the young guys coming through who need to get some action to improve.

:D

not great today no, the gretna game was ok IMO, we made plenty of chances just never took them and started to panic a bit, wouldn't call it brutal tho.

the 3 or 4 games before the gretna game were the best all season and that I have enjoyed for a while, good football to watch IMO.

teams like inverness and gretna don't really let other teams play good football and why should they they are playing to their strengths and it stops the flow of playing good football, we have or should have players to deal with this but sometimes it doesn't happen, you can't play good all season long and in crap weather no matter how good you are.

3 points while not playing well is a must and we have done that in the last 2 games..

If you don't like it fans don't have to pay just like yourself.

I think you are a bit harsh but that's just my opinion m8.

I agree with each point.

It sounds as though Celtic had a similar game against Kilmarnock as we had against Gretna and yet they get plaudits. The only difference seems to be that Gretna had more chances than Killie but on the other hand Celtic had to rely on an OG whereas we scored two and should have had at least two penalties.

In contrast, the ICT game was genuinely dreadful and I was bored through most of it with my mind wandering elsewhere. However, Caley have had a good run recently by playing very organized, spoiling tactics of the type we used against Barcelona at Ibrox and the same as Scotland used against France. We know those kind of tactics can work so we have to learn to deal with them - but I don't think it's ever going to be pretty.

In the end we scored two goals and yet again suffered from quite a few poor decisions. If we could use CGI on many of our games this season to change the strips to green and white hoops, and then show the games to Celtic fans, I'm sure they'd be frothing at the mouth about conspiracies.

I'm glad we don't go down that road but I think there is much evidence that there is no conspiracy against Celtic, just very, very bad losers - and winners.

However, with the way a lot of the decisions are going, sometimes I can't help but wonder if some of the referees are being unduly influenced by the Celtic hysteria, and we could be suffering from them trying too hard to look as fair as possible to Celtic. But in the end I think it's just down to poor refereeing and it feels like the use of TV replays could benefit us enormously - including in Europe.

I also agree with Johnny that the criticism is a bit over the top after one game where we couldn't finish and another game where we played poorly, when in the run before Christmas, the team were playing some great football.

It's unfortunate that the run was interrupted as we've lost all that momentum. Although there does seem a coincidence that we're not so good when we lack the services of Hutton and Thomson. Maybe keeping Hutton could make sure we have a season to celebrate. It's a bit of a shame in a way that Thomson didn't go for his operation after New Year as he be back a few weeks earlier and he hasn't played anyway.

But the point is, Hutton will be back for the next game and if we could play well in December, surely we are capable of hitting those heights again pretty soon.

I know this sounds cheesy but here here! We've had enough of the scum playing shite then getting a late winner over the last few years so I don't mind when we get a break and to use an old cliche " it's title winning form to get the 3 points even when we play badly"

For all I care we can play rotten and score in the 89th minute every week. As long as Barry is lifting that SPL trophy in May, I couldn't given a shit.

Yes I'd love us to be playing the sort of football that Advocaat had us playing, but as long as we're winning I don't mind

i think the problem is that over the last wee while we have been told that we are very much customers of the rangers brand. we are constantly told to buy this & buy that. we have a similar turn over to the bigger clubs in the big nations, and our 'product' is vastly inferior. that is, we spend as much money on rangers as, say, tottenham fans spend on tottenham, and we watch a inferior product. despite many rangers fans spending their last penny (i know one legendary bear who wrote to murray, on a recent price increase, to ask him if he would just like his wages & to give him back what he feels is right) they have, of late, watched dross.

i can understand it when fans are constantly treated as subpar customers start to think about what it is to be a customer: what it is they are spending their money on.

but, for me, despite what everythings been dragged down to in recent times, its not about value for money - if you want to get to a period of beautiful football, you have to support through the dreggs. at the end of the day, so long as rangers win, i couldnt care less. that being said, i couldnt afford a season ticket this year, so am not as out of pocket as some fans.