How Would You Describe Our Recent Form?

A bit of realism has to come into it aswell. This time last year WS was beginning mission impossible where we had had our worst 18 months in most of our life times.

He's got us winning again and more importantly challaging in 4 competitions - so where the style of play is not enjoyable on the eye its still effective.

But once again we have to be realistic, our standard of players is far below what many of us are used to. There are a number of our squad who are simply average run of the mill SPL players. Its those players with that extra bit of quality who get us those wins.

Which such a mix of average and good players we arent going to get free plawing football. Plus the league we play in and the state of the pitches dont help us.

Of course it does but when you're winning matches you then want to go on and improve your perofrmance. That's not happening at present.

I actually agree with what you're saying,however I feel some fans expect us to be battering teams every time we play,and that's just not going to happen.It takes time to build a team and surely one season does not allow anyone to make us into a GREAT team,i'm happy with the way we have improved in such a short time,and i'm expecting us to keep on improving,step by step :cheers:

I actually agree with what you're saying,however I feel some fans expect us to be battering teams every time we play,and that's just not going to happen.It takes time to build a team and surely one season does not allow anyone to make us into a GREAT team,i'm happy with the way we have improved in such a short time,and i'm expecting us to keep on improving,step by step :cheers:

But struggling to beat teams like Falkirk, Gretna etc isn't good enough for me. Falkirk outplayed us at times. What the fuck is that all about? We struggled to string two passes together against Gretna who are, let's be honest, shocking.

I was talking to my mate at work last night and we both agree that Rangers basic skills are poor. We can't string 5 or 6 passes together because the players have a poor 1st touch. It's things like this that can be improved on but it seems we're going backwards when it comes to performances.

Of course it does but when you're winning matches you then want to go on and improve your perofrmance. That's not happening at present.

yes and it probably will not until we get some real quality in or some of our players really improve their game, or the manager plays attacking football, but doing the latter does not always win you games.

the sign of a good team IMO is you still have the capability to win games without playing well no matter who you are playing and we are doing that.

before our break we were playing some really good stuff IMO.

But struggling to beat teams like Falkirk, Gretna etc isn't good enough for me. Falkirk outplayed us at times. What the fuck is that all about? We struggled to string two passes together against Gretna who are, let's be honest, shocking.

I was talking to my mate at work last night and we both agree that Rangers basic skills are poor. We can't string 5 or 6 passes together because the players have a poor 1st touch. It's things like this that can be improved on but it seems we're going backwards when it comes to performances.

depends what you want m8, if you want top class players in the SPL it's not gonna happen IMO. you maybe get some young gems who take a chance here then want to move once they have proved themselves. or you get older players who have been stuck in a rut maybe and give them a new lease of life and they start playing great but it's always a gamble.

we can't attract top/worls class players here simple so the standard of football is not what you want or have been used to.

So are you saying that current SPL professional footballers don't need to have the basic skills needed to be a success at that level?

You don't have to be Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo etc to have a good 1st touch and be able to string a few passes together.

Footballers not being able to control the ball when it's played to feet is like an electrician getting electric shocks or a mechanic not fitting a tyre correctly.

So are you saying that current SPL professional footballers don't need to have the basic skills needed to be a success at that level?

You don't have to be Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo etc to have a good 1st touch and be able to string a few passes together.

Footballers not being able to control the ball when it's played to feet is like an electrician getting electric shocks or a mechanic not fitting a tyre correctly.

well they are not as gifted as other nations or players but are still good footballers but I don't think Scotland will ever produce a pele or zidane but I could be wrong, I didnt' say they were crap just not as good.

They're not as good but they should still be able to do ther basics with their eyes shut.

yes and we are top of the league, in a cup final, last 32 of uefa cup and still in scottish cup so we are at least doing the basic thing better than the rest of the SPL no???

You're right, they're not as good but they should still be able to do ther basics with their eyes shut.

Exactly, especially when they spend there day at a top level training facility along with getting 1000s of pounds per week.