How Would You Describe Our Recent Form?

I think those who think our performances in the last 12 have been abysmal have very short memories. Maybe they only remember the last game.

However, at the start of the good 12 game run we played excellent football for about 6 games before Christmas, but we haven't recaptured that after the stuttering restart of the year.

Why so negative about what is patently untrue?

I also think that some people have short memories about the last two seasons when we'd have lost or drawn many of these games. Do you really expect WS to turn us into Barcelona (who were actually very boring and turgid against us) overnight?

We had plenty of ground out results in the 9IAR era - and it always seemed to be when I managed to get to a game.

You would think that we'd want to walk before we can run, so let's talk style in our 4IAR season.

The real question is whether we have looked like we are struggling to win, whether we look overwhelmed by other teams and just end up lucky.

I don't think this is the case and most of our narrow wins have been accompanied by many close chances, shots against the woodwork or great saves.

However, some of our recent play has lacked the fluency you'd expect in midfield and the defence has looked shakier. Walter should take these as warning signs and attack the issues head on.

In the meantime, we have to realise that if this us playing badly, just remember the last two seasons which makes what we are doing now look like total football.

Well while I would agree that we are not playing the type of football that gets you on the edge of your seat,we are winning and we are creating chances and we are not conceding goals.If you listen to the unwashed and the media you would think C****c are the best team in the world,they're gonna beat Barca,win the SPL, etc.................BOLLOCKS is what I say,they've scored a few goals against a couple of poor sides,we have been unlucky IMO not to have scored a few goals more than we have,we are still creating chances.I for one am still confident that we are bringing the SPL home,as this is always a difficult time of the season and we are the team sitting four points clear,as well as still in all cups available,PLAYING POOR ?,I remember the last couple of years with pain and i'm a lot happier going to Ibrox than I have been for a while,because I feel we will win rather than going expecting to get beat !!!!!!!

i think the only reason people are perhaps overly disappointed/bored with the football we are playing is the abundance of better football they have literally at their fingertips. almost everyone here has a second english team - the contrast is only going to get bigger too.

It's a good point. One can't go to Ibrox without watching live EPL games and talking about the latest European clash.

As such it's easy to compare our league negatively with others. Even if the British style of football was successful in the past and has been recently (to a smaller degree) again (see Liverpool, Celtic and Man Utd) who all used a direct style to reach their finals.

It's fine playing the odd poor game now and again but we're churning out poor performance after poor performance every game. It becomes frustrating after a while.

Not as frustrating as it would be if we were not winning games though :cheers:

It's fine playing the odd poor game now and again but we're churning out poor performance after poor performance every game. It becomes frustrating after a while.

have to disagree not every game has been poor IMO.........winning comes first then the performance ........

have to disagree not every game has been poor IMO.........winning comes first then the performance ........

Of course it does but when you're winning matches you then want to go on and improve your perofrmance. That's not happening at present.