How Would You Describe Our Recent Form?

I'd rather sit watching a piss poor Rangers team than watch another team just because it's more entertaining

Me too, I'm far too partisan for that.

I've got Setanta and it now has the EPL but I've never watched an English game for more than 5 minutes, and that's without a clash. Just can't get interested.

If I put by time for any other team or league, I'd never do any work or even get off the sofa.

i dont think we are as bad as all that - we have had some real highs this season, more than can be expected of a team formed almost entirely the same year.

I would agree with that. I have been as guilty as anyone on here for having a go at the team recently, but as I have been told, just take a look back 18 months. We werent playing any better football under PLG and we were well out the Title race by Christmas. We still have a long wat to go and the football could be better but at the moment we are still getting results. In terms of performances things can only get better

^ agreed. sometimes i think its good to have ridiculously large expectations as it keeps ambition high. i think there needs to be a certain number of people in the crowd annoyed when you are not winning six nill every game just to remind yourself that you are watching a big team. on one hand i think its good that we have gotten more realistic, but on the other hand i cant help but think that if everyone became as realistic and sensible as the people running the club we would cease to be a big club. i dunno. all that aside, i cant help but be quietly pleased with what we now have.

Are we really so bad? Or, are SPL teams getting better?

I think a bit of both Stewarty, we certainly went a lot worse towards the end of Ecks spell and we were lost in space during PLG's time. We have turned the corner now though.

But I think Gav mentioned it earlier, Celtic were able to play on a poor Pittodrie pitch on Sunday yet still bang in 5 for the second week running. Whilst winning the league is the priority Id still like us to prop up with the odd 5 goals here and there rather than dour 2-0 wins. But Im also happy to take that later on as we have to be cautious due to still being in 3 cups and going for the league.

For me, id be very happy if we beat Panathinikos with the dullest 1-0 ever

I liked this quote from WS sounds about right to me.....

"At any kind of professional level, you try to set a decent standard. I don't think we've been too bad. On Saturday, we had 60 per cent of the ball against Falkirk and created more opportunities to score.

"Ultimately as a professional, you have to win the game but you try to set a standard of play. Sometimes it is difficult to maintain or even reach a level.

"In a few games this season we have reached a really good level of football but at other times we've been a wee bit patchy. But we have shown far more resilience than Rangers have done in the last few seasons. When you consider we've put together a team, and this is the first season playing, what matters more than anything else is that they win.

"I'm quite happy winning. We all set a standard and hopefully one day we'll reach everybody's expectations.

"If we don't then I hope we keep winning until we do. If we don't, I'll get the sack - it's as simple as that."