How Would You Describe Our Recent Form?

Watch our next SPL game and take note of the amount of misplaced touches and passes from Rangers players. You'll be shocked! Very often the 2nd touch is a tackle.

i do go to the games m8 and most of the time i am ok with them, if you are not then don't watch them or subscribe or whatever, I pay my money and as we are winning which is the main objective of the game for me and many i am happy. if we were not winning and paying good money i'd be unhappy like the last 2 seasons.

good players can still make mistakes, it's not like you get time on the ball like other countries but i am not making that an excuse, we have good players not great ones which you want i think. i think our position and where we are from this time last season is a great step in the right direction and hopefully we can keep going forward but we can't go from where we were 12 months ago to say the 9IAR team in 12 months and until we get in 1 or 2 really quality players (which I don't think Scotland has) or our players improve greatly as a team, which is possible, then we will not but we're going the right way IMO........do you think we're going the right way or not?

Of course problems in our play can be worked on. And I'm sure the players realise that as well.

A few of them have admitted as such in interviews lately.

It's definitely a case of substance over style right now but once we win the league, we can look towards improving the product on show.

i do go to the games m8 and most of the time i am ok with them, if you are not then don't watch them or subscribe or whatever, I pay my money and as we are winning which is the main objective of the game for me and many i am happy. if we were not winning and paying good money i'd be unhappy like the last 2 seasons.

good players can still make mistakes, it's not like you get time on the ball like other countries but i am not making that an excuse, we have good players not great ones which you want i think. i think our position and where we are from this time last season is a great step in the right direction and hopefully we can keep going forward but we can't go from where we were 12 months ago to say the 9IAR team in 12 months and until we get in 1 or 2 really quality players (which I don't think Scotland has) or our players improve greatly as a team, which is possible, then we will not but we're going the right way IMO........do you think we're going the right way or not?

I goto games too mate.

You're making things up now. I didn't say I wanted world class players at Rangers. All I want is players who can trap a ball and pass a ball. Do you think only world class players can do that?

We're making progress. You'd need to be blind to say we're not. But all I want is for Rangers to play good football. Obviously I want that every game but I'm realistic enough to understand it doesn't happen like that but I want ti more than it has been happening the past month or 2.

But struggling to beat teams like Falkirk, Gretna etc isn't good enough for me. Falkirk outplayed us at times. What the fuck is that all about? We struggled to string two passes together against Gretna who are, let's be honest, shocking.

I was talking to my mate at work last night and we both agree that Rangers basic skills are poor. We can't string 5 or 6 passes together because the players have a poor 1st touch. It's things like this that can be improved on but it seems we're going backwards when it comes to performances.

Why shouldn't we struggle to dominate Falkirk? They are one of the most attractive football sides I've seen the SPL for a long time. I know he wasn't playing but Krul looks like an excellent goalkeeper and I've been impressed with the likes of Cregg, Arfield, Moutinho, Higdon and the irrepressible Latapy.

I've watched a bit of EPL football and normally, as with most games where I don't have a vested interest, it often seems as boring as any league in the world with some especially turgid games around. Arsenal and Man U may buck that trend but they are a cut above with teams costing hundreds of millions of pounds.

So what makes watching an EPL team better than watching Falkirk?

I haven't seen the Falkirk game but if they were playing as good football as I've seen them play then I'm sure the game must have had some merit.

Perhaps the complaint is not about having good football on display, but instead, that we don't trounce every team, every week...?

Lots of factors can be attributed to such mistakes - weather conditions, pitch conditions, pressure from opposition players, pressure from knowing we need to win every game and pressure from fans who won't accept the odd bad touch.

There's no doubt we need to improve but let's keep our criticism realistic given our position in the competitions this season.

Pressure has a lot to do with it. There were far fewer mistakes against East Stirling, where even a shadow team showed that they are far, far better than your average good player who can get a game for a professional team.

I goto games too mate.

You're making things up now. I didn't say I wanted world class players at Rangers. All I want is players who can trap a ball and pass a ball. Do you think only world class players can do that?

We're making progress. You'd need to be blind to say we're not. But all I want is for Rangers to play good football. Obviously I want that every game but I'm realistic enough to understand it doesn't happen like that but I want ti more than it has been happening the past month or 2.

so our players can't trap and can't pass yet we are top of the league done very well in the CL and in a final and still in the other 2 cups. dosn't say much for the other teams.

sorry m8 i don't get you so i'll leave it there as we are not getting anywhere with this......:onetoomany:

so our players can't trap and can't pass yet we are top of the league done very well in the CL and in a final and still in the other 2 cups. dosn't say much for the other teams.

sorry m8 i don't get you so i'll leave it there as we are not getting anywhere with this......:onetoomany:

OK. :cheers:

I goto games too mate.

I think you're looking too far for perfection. I see them doing what I think is miraculous stuff all the time, bringing down difficult balls to sit perfectly, shooting with massive power on target from 30 yards, smacking in a goal from a low, hard, lateral pass (these always seem to hit my standing foot while I swipe at midair) and much, much more.

I wish I could even do a fraction of it. I can't even seem to kick the ball 80 yards never mind bend round a player and have it accurately land at another player's feet. How MacGregor can kick a ball from box to box I'll never know.

It's not perfection being able to trap a ball or pass a ball to a player who is 10 yards away. It's being a good footballer.

On a football field I'd define perfection as scoring from 25 yards out into the top corner with every shot you take, scoring hat-tricks etc etc.