How Would You Describe Our Recent Form?

Why shouldn't we struggle to dominate Falkirk? They are one of the most attractive football sides I've seen the SPL for a long time. I know he wasn't playing but Krul looks like an excellent goalkeeper and I've been impressed with the likes of Cregg, Arfield, Moutinho, Higdon and the irrepressible Latapy.

Why shouldnt we struggle to dominate Falkirk! We are a massive institution compared to them and our players are probably on treble there players wages, plus our training facilities are up there with the top whilst Falkirk probably train in a local park. We are competing in Europe every season whilst they havent even been a top flight club for half this decade. So we SHOULD be dominating Falkirk.

Yes they try to play football more than the other SPL sides and this should play into our advantage like it did in there first trip to Ibrox this season when we trounced them 7-2.

Our recent form has been excellent as the statistics prove.

As to how we've played during that time, its been pretty poor at times to say the least. But I'm not overly bothered about that if we win the league and take steps in the summer to try and sign a couple of flair players.

Apart from 3 or 4 games, we have not played fluid entertaining football. There are excuses; we have not really played a settled team, we have only Ferguson and Hemdani who are both comfortable on the ball and able to complete passes, and above all our manager has as his first priority to make us more difficult to defeat. System and personnel changes since our few entertaining successful games have brought back the stodgy grinding performances.

We have brought in players from lower spl clubs who had no expectations or experience of the need to win which this club demands.

On saturday against Falkirk we were outplayed for long periods in midfield as we were outnumbered in that area; McCulloch and Burke were ineffective leaving Hemdani and Ferguson to cope with 4 opponents. Broadfoot drifted into central areas leaving Falkirk with a free option wide which had us chasing the ball even more. Passing and first touch has increasingly become a stranger to many of our players as has free kicks and even throw ins and I do wonder what our players actually do in training.

Perhaps we as fans have standards which are too high but for the stature of our club the standard of football we are playing, albeit so far successful, is so disappointing.

Why shouldnt we struggle to dominate Falkirk! We are a massive institution compared to them and our players are probably on treble there players wages, plus our training facilities are up there with the top whilst Falkirk probably train in a local park. We are competing in Europe every season whilst they havent even been a top flight club for half this decade. So we SHOULD be dominating Falkirk.

Yes they try to play football more than the other SPL sides and this should play into our advantage like it did in there first trip to Ibrox this season when we trounced them 7-2.

If training in a local park makes you a poor team then we should have been rubbish during 9iAR! ;)

At the end of the day it's still 11 against 11 and Barcelona could see us in the same light as we see Falkirk; however, we didn't lose 9-2 on aggregate.

In the end I think sometimes we have to expect a MATCH on our hands. Our 2-0 win sounds to me as dominant a win as Barca over us.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I often turn over to another match rather than watch Rangers bore me to tears.
this is the problem - as reprehensible as i would find this in myself who has no care whatsoever about english games/teams - if you are asking people to choose between entertainment a or b at the touch of a button on sky, they are going to choose the more entertaining one.

I'd rather sit watching a piss poor Rangers team than watch another team just because it's more entertaining
i agree, i dont even watch the epl at all. i dont support rangers as entertainment - i support rangers because i support rangers, but in a world where fans are being treated more & more as customers this sort of thing will happen. but i still think gavs terrible for doing it! :P

i agree, i dont even watch the epl at all. i dont support rangers as entertainment - i support rangers because i support rangers, but in a world where fans are being treated more & more as customers this sort of thing will happen. but i still think gavs terrible for doing it! :P

Agree with yourself and Ian here. But I think that is now the outdated way of supporting your team unfortunately.

Are we really so bad? Or, are SPL teams getting better?

I would argue that whilst we dont have the Laudrup's and the Gascoigne's any more, we still have a very good team. The fact that we're not scoring 4 and 5 goals per week probably indicates that other teams are playing to a higher standard. Failure to qualify for the Euro Championship this summer aside, Scottish football has been on a high in the last 12 months or so and we've had some cracking results so why not celebrate the renaissance of Scottish football and the fact that Rangers dont get so many easy games. Surely this is better preparation for European games which will in turn make our players better as they're getting more of them.

And so the wheel turns- more European experience, more young players coming through domestically, confidence in the national team means more exposure to a higher standard of football meaning we get better. Bear in mind though that this will not happen overnight but, what will happen is that in the summer, Walter Smith will have something like �£10-�£13million (minimum) to spend if SDM loosens the purse strings (yes, I know it's a big if!) so we should be able to add some good quality signings to compliment a winning team. Also, we've got a young squad who are developing the winners mentality and habit and are only going to get better.

This has been a bit rambling but the main thing I'm trying to say is that we've got plenty to be positive about and dont believe all the hype and pish your hearing/reading on the phone-ins and newspapers about Celtic