looks like it's goodbye gretna....

Not good signs. Basically they're fecked.

I cant work out why old Brooks cant just hand over a cheque to the administrators to solve the problem.

I've read the stories that he's screwed financially but I'm not buying that he cant spare a few quid to pay some wages etc.

Not good signs. Basically they're fecked.

I cant work out why old Brooks cant just hand over a cheque to the administrators to solve the problem.

I've read the stories that he's screwed financially but I'm not buying that he cant spare a few quid to pay some wages etc.

When one manager claims you owe him 800k and another 100k, its more than a few quid we're talking about

When one manager claims you owe him 800k and another 100k, its more than a few quid we're talking about

True but to a multi-millionnaire you've got to imagine even that is pocket change...

Miles knew the costs and accepted them so should pay for the season. He had the chance to turn down promotion and without a stadium, should have done so.

Unless he is being incredibly callous, I would assume, that for some reason, he's discovered he can no longer afford to subsidise the club.

However, it shows why sugar daddies should not be allowed. Spending should be kept within limits of your income. It's fairer all round and stops clubs going out of business at the whim of a rich businessman with too much vanity for the club's good.

The upshot is that a first division club has been denied promotion, an SPL club has been denied a European place and Gretna could cease to exist after only a few years in the Scottish league.

Brooks has a lot to answer for...

This is an absolute joke that the fixtures played is reduced and we then have 2 games in hand. We are already 3 clear yet we are brough back to level with Celtic and have to go out and go the hard work of going clear again.

Total farce. There is no way the game should be scrubbed out, the remaining games should be a walkover.

Gretna's SPL match against Aberdeen at Pittodrie will go ahead despite the club entering administration.

The club's future is in doubt after benefactor Brooks Mileson withdrew his financial backing following illness.

Gretna's administrator David Elliot said on Thursday only 10 players were willing to play on Saturday.

But the club said on Friday that a full squad would travel to Pittodrie and it thanked everyone for their messages of support and goodwill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7295175.stm