looks like it's goodbye gretna....

Its would be ludicrous to cancel points already picked up.

All remaining results should be null or given a walkover but only if it evens out for all 11 clubs as some teams may have to play them twice more rather than once.

For instance what happens if all remaining results are null yet St Mirren could have picked up 3 points on tuesday if the pitch was suitable. Absolute farce and the SPL management should be sacked.

Lets be honest, i think we all seen this coming to Gretna. The money they are bringing into the club cant afford the expenses of wages for everyone connected with the club, travel arrangements, ground share etc. Only way this is working for them is the sugar daddy, he has gone and am sad to say i think Gretna will be too. They also have no assets that they can sell, like stadium , training field etc. It was a long time coming for them , they came up a godd 2-3 years early, if they came up in a few years time with a new stadium etc buil maybe. Although they still dont have the fan base behind them

Even if they do find �£30,000 by today, what about next week and so on

Gretna have shown the danger of relying on a sugar daddy. You really have to make your income sustainable or you have the risk of going under as soon as the owner closes his wallet.

It's kind of cheating in my opinion, as other clubs putting in genuinely earned cash, just can't compete without putting themselves out of business too. That's why many 1st division teams will not be shedding any tears.

I think spending should be limited to a certain percentage above turnover and debt levels pegged the same way.

Overspending is pretty similar to drugs in sport, if you allow it everyone has to do it to compete - and then you end up with a lot of sickness and side effects. Therefore banning them is the only option.

This would have prevented the Leeds meltdown, Chelsea's and Hearts' huge debts and also Rangers' dangerous overspend. The Man U sale would also not have been allowed under my rules.

Miles owes it to Gretna to bale them out to at least allow them to survive at a sustainable level. I feel for him about his health but I don't understand why that it is stopping him from saving the club from a position he single handedly put them in. What kind of legacy and memory does he want to leave behind? The guy who's ego killed Gretna FC?

I have to be honest and say I have next to no sympathy for Gretna. A team with no real fanbase to talk of and who bought their way up through the leagues. I feel that when football becomes the playthings of wealthy, vainglorious people the beauty of the game suffers. Ironically, i say this as a fan of Chelsea but I remember that clubs dark days in the early 80's and Chelsea do have a good fanbase. As far as Gretna and the SPL are concerned, surely a lesson has to be learned here and this sort of thing not allowed to happen again...some sort of insurance/ guarantees given at the start of a season to ensure at least survival throughout the season. It will be interesting to see what the SPL does with this whole mess. IMO, if gretna folds....3-0 wins for every club yet to play them.