Old Firm Reaction

Well another Rangers OF victory and another case of Masonic Conspiracy. Read any of the unbiased Scottish media today and youââ?¬â?¢d believe that Rangers cheated their way to victory with the help of another Brother In Black. I havenââ?¬â?¢t had time (nor the inclination really) to refer to my various oracles and on-line search engines, but I can take a guess at this, I do wonder if any Rangers OF victory has been met with a simple, ââ?¬Ë?Yip, the best team wonââ?¬â?¢? I would say it was highly unlikely. The latest OF game wasnââ?¬â?¢t particularly a great game of football but it encapsulated so much of what makes the OF game an OF game. Celtc got beaten and try to lay the blame at everyone elseââ?¬â?¢s door assisted by their lap-dogs in the media. I hear that Robert Mugabe is lining up Peter Liewell as his PR machineââ?¬Â¦.

Anyway, the officials have a hard job and canââ?¬â?¢t get everything correct Ã?© Tommy Burns in a recent interview after Celtc benefited from a dubious refereeing decision that saw them steal 3 points from Love Street. But, I suppose, Timââ?¬â?¢s being Timââ?¬â?¢s this is only true when they benefit. IF anyone else does, its obviously a conspiracy. Saturdays officials werenââ?¬â?¢t the best, but I canââ?¬â?¢t see how anyone can claim that they were ââ?¬Ë?anti-Celtcââ?¬â?¢.

It was heartening to hear Rangers finally praising the supporters groups who turned Ibrox into a sea of red, white and blue on Saturday. A lot of people put a hell of a work into designing banners, placing flags and cards in designated areas and this is sometimes a thankless task. So, hats of to TBO, CDL, EE and UB. Some people have talked about amalgamating all the different supporters groups, but I think Ibrox benefits from having supporters groups in different areas. One thing that I would like to see is the club helping these groups with displays, banners, finance etc ââ?¬â?? maybe something for the RST to champion? Some of the banners were outstanding and none more so that the ââ?¬Ë?voodoo no workyââ?¬â?¢ banner. This has gotten Timmy in a right tizz and some online forums are pleading with the SPL to deduct points from us due to the ââ?¬Ë?sectarian contentââ?¬â?¢ of said banner. This is even below their usual ââ?¬Ë?bottom of the barrelââ?¬â?¢ petitions ââ?¬â?? they mustnââ?¬â?¢t have any ambulances to chase this week - http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/200...ident-at.shtml - maybe they should stick to weeding out the sectarian, ââ?¬Ë?politicalââ?¬â?¢ and offensive songs sung by the vast majority of the patrons of the Broomie on Saturday.

Back to the game, and whilst it was fantastic to claim our 4th successive OF victory without conceding a goal, we still have some major work ahead of us if we are to claim our 52 title. We have the distinct prospect of having 7 of our remaining 9 games played away from home and have the distraction of the UEFA and Scottish Cup as well. There is no doubting we have come a long way in a relatively short space of time but having come this far, me must ensure that we wrap up the title. It is ours for the taking, you can sense the expectancy and one very comforting thought is that WS and his backroom staff have reinstalled the famous ââ?¬Ë?Rangers ethicââ?¬â?¢. Our players give us all and there is an obvious togetherness about the squad at the moment (which had been missing for sometime it has to be said).

So there is no time to bathe in the plaudits or rest on their laurels, they have a job to finish. Question: Heard someone say that in his managerial career with Rangers, Walter Smith has faced Celtc 37 times and lost only 7 ââ?¬â?? anyone know if that is true?

Mad March Gives Way To Madder April

So its good-bye to mad march and hello to madder April as we welcome Sporting to Ibrox on Thursday for the UEFA Cup Ã?¼ final first leg. This game will bring the usual and unique European atmosphere that only Ibrox offers. It is thought that Sporting donââ?¬â?¢t travel well and that the home leg offers the best opportunity for us to progress. However, I would be surprised if Walter Smith alters his tactics or formation for this encounter. I donââ?¬â?¢t think there will be many, if any, changes from Saturdays starting 11. Maybe Papac for SW ââ?¬â?? that is all the change that I can foresee ââ?¬â?? I fully expect ST and SD to shake of their injuries and start on Thursday.

After Sporting, we have a wee jaunt to Tannidice to play DUFC. I fully expect this game to be a sell-out considering the amount of DUFC fans at Hampden recently declaring their undying love, devotion and support of the tangerine terrors. OK, that was tongue in cheek, but at least we know after Hampden that this will be a very tough game and we�ll have to be at our best to collect another priceless three points in our title quest.

Scott Brown

Whilst I don�t usually write about opposition players, especially Celtc ones, I thought that I�d give you some insight into the current mental state of Scott Brown (no jokes please). Super Ally his written a fantastic article comparing Scott Brow and Kevin Thomson (http://www.gersnetonline.net/vb/showthread.php?t=6578) and hopefully this can add some further information to SA�s opinion and thoughts.

I have a friend who I like to call ââ?¬Ë?The Hibee In The Knowââ?¬â?¢ ââ?¬â?? he is a life long Hibee and has a friend who is on the Hibs board and he lets me know if / when any Hibs players are linked with Rangers and vice-versa. Anyway, he told me that it was 99% certain that SB would follow KT to Ibrox in the summer and a price and been agreed. Come the summer, the Hibs board decided that the agreed price wasnââ?¬â?¢t enough and spoke to SBââ?¬â?¢s agent and informed him to ââ?¬Ë?auctionââ?¬â?¢ the player. SB was raging as he had his heart and mind settled on a move to Rangers. Rangers rightly played hardball and refused to budge on price and wages and lost out to Celtc.

Now, SB is convinced that he has made the wrong move going to Celtc and is currently looking for an escape to the EPL in the summer. If Birmingham stay up and West Brom as promoted then SB will have two EPL managers looking to purchase him. SB hasnââ?¬â?¢t shown his true potential this season (for varying reasons) and If my ââ?¬Ë?Hibee In The Knowââ?¬â?¢ is correct, Celtc and SB are ready to cut their ties in the summer. Would SB still fancy a move to Rangers and more importantly would Rangers consider a move for SB? Well, never say never as I am led to believe that Rangers and WS in particular donââ?¬â?¢t have an issue with SB. However, the price and wages would need to be attractive to Rangers.

Cammy F - Support The Dublin Loyal

''We have the distinct prospect of having 7 of our remaining 9 games played away from home ''.......Can you imagine if it was Celtc who had these games.The paranoia would go into overdrive

Great read as usual Cammy.

The last paragraph was interesting, if WS has no problem with SB then how many of us as fans would accept this? I'd personally not have a problem if what your friend told you is true. I can't see a direct move from them to us though in all honesty.

SB hasnââ?¬â?¢t shown his true potential this season (for varying reasons) and If my ââ?¬Ë?Hibee In The Knowââ?¬â?¢ is correct, Celtc and SB are ready to cut their ties in the summer.

I understand that one of these reasons is a non-footballing issue. As has been expressed by others, I also believe that he will come good.

He did make the wrong choice and would have flourished under Smith. However from what i have seen Davis is every bit as good, if not better, and he is really the one that we should be comparing Brown to.

I agree with the comments about Davis, signing him should be 1st priority come the transfer window, I also see no way SB would come to us straight from them. Davis really appears to love the club and enjoys playing for us.

The amount on here singing his praises week in week out speaks volumes.

Great read as usual Cammy.

The last paragraph was interesting, if WS has no problem with SB then how many of us as fans would accept this? I'd personally not have a problem if what your friend told you is true. I can't see a direct move from them to us though in all honesty.

it would be a real kick in the nuts to the mhanks if that were to happen. Ive always maintained brown made a big mistake going to the dark side and would have developed into a far better player had he come to us instead. One thing is sure for the boy, he aint going to develop at torbet towers.

Good read Cammy.

That WS record wouldnt be far off but is it maybe for league matches only?? I thought he has had a wee bit more matches than that. He took over in 1990/91 until 1998 which means he had between 28 and 32 league matches depending on his exact start and then the 4 he has had since returning. Add the cup matches during his first spell (id say about 5 or 6??). So that between 38 and 42 would be right.

As for Scott Brown, thats very interesting. It might even explain his poor attitude and does make sense due to all the comments last summer that he was a Rangers player. A move to a struggling EPL team wouldnt be a great move for him IMO, just look at C Gordon, R Anderson but on the other hand McFadden has done well since moving to Birmingham. It would depend how much money McLeish gets at Brum and who else he signs (Lovenkrands, Boyd and Hemdani???)

But would fellow Bears take him to Ibrox? Agree with the above that Davis needs to be signed up but id say its imperative he plays a more central role - he hasnt played nearly aswell wide right. But after Davis id certainly think Broon would add to our squad as WS would wipe that bad attitude away and we may see the true talent he has. Very interesting! But a transfer fee would be on the high side and I really cant see it.

I honestly don't have a problem in a move from them to us or vice versa (can we sell them Amdy Faye). I don't think Brown would go for it and I think another year like this where he is learning his trade at a wee team will prepare him for coming to Ibrox. No doubting the boy has the talent, but it's harnessing it that Strachan is struggling with. Brown needs players around him just now that are able to help him out so he doesn't fall into the Barry Ferguson 'I do everything cos I'm surrounded by muppets) trap.

As an aside, what about Riordan for the left wing next season?