Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

mifsud particulars -

1997ââ?¬â??2001 Sliema Wanderers 80 (60)

2001ââ?¬â??2003 Kaiserslautern 21 (2)

2003ââ?¬â??2004 Sliema Wanderers 12 (8)

2004ââ?¬â??2007 LillestrÃ?¸m 48 (17)

2007ââ?¬â?? Coventry City 66 (21)

not a prolific scoring record apart from playing in Malta which doesn't say much!!!

West Brom are to bid �£4m for Kevin Thomson according to the Record

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray is set to launch a �£4m bid to land Rangers midfielder Kevin Thompson but he faces a fight to land him.

Gers manager Walter Smith will resist all attempts to take the 23-year-old away from Ibrox but �£4m would see them double the �£2m they paid Hibernian for his services.

Baggies boss Mowbray knows all about Thompson as he was team captain when Mowbray was manager at Hibs but he is unlikely to be able to land the player this time around.

Mowbray is seeking new players to strengthen the squad so he has a fighting chance of surviving the Premiership next season and Thompson would certainly have fitted that bill but Gers boss Smith would be very reluctant to allow him to leave

michael mifsud on his way for 2m. ive been hearing this for the last week but now it looks to be a concrete offer gon in. im sure coventry couldnt turn 2m down. also sunderland and another team interested. anyone got any knowledge about mifsud i know he is quite small and can score goals but i thought novo done that when he gets the chance.

I live near Coventry and can say he's highly regarded by the fans. Scored a few vital goals in relegation battle. Is small and quite skilful, but is he better than Novo? mm.... not sure. Certainly not the player to take us to the next level.

I would rather let Barry Ferguson go for 4 million than Kevin Thomson. That isnt a dig at Fergie but rather how highly I rate KT. He is (hopefully) going to be the central focus of our midfield for years to come.

I would rather let Barry Ferguson go for 4 million than Kevin Thomson. That isnt a dig at Fergie but rather how highly I rate KT. He is (hopefully) going to be the central focus of our midfield for years to come.

I would also take �£4m for BF, but doubt he would want to go again and would anyone pay that for him now?

knowing us we will probably sell KT for �£4m and keep Barry..........

Thomson is one of the few players we should be building a team round. We can't let him go except for silly money.

Players I'd really like to hold on to despite any bids are MacGregor, Cuellar, Smith (if he gets fit and back to previous form), Thomson, maybe Beasley, Naismith and Fleck. I'd also like to keep Novo to show other players how to play for a club like Rangers.

Whittaker also needs a chance but I'm not stuck on him yet.

If I had the ability to choose three players for whom I could veto their transfers it would be Cuellar, Thomson and Fleck.