Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I would like to see Riise here. Can't see it happening though. I think his wages would be too far out of our range. He gives us more experience than Smith, can strike a belter of a free kick and isn't afraid to get forward.

This is a strange one as Riise's wages will be high. Very good signing IMO but where does he play ? I would rather stick with a fully fit Stevie Smith (if he ever gets fully fit.....) and in LM we have Beasley and McCulloch, although I think I might prefer Riise to either.

Difficult one even if he is a very good player.

Inside left midfield would be perfect.

__________Ferguson______Thomson________Riise______________

____Novo_________________Boyd________________Beasley_____

:thup:

That's a sad but true point. In fact we'll soon be struggling to compete with top Championship sides since if they've just been relegated they get about 16M parachute payment on top of decent sponsorship and TV money. They reckon the Championship is set to be the 4th richest league in Europe after the Premiership, Bundesliga and La Liga, even topping the Serie A.

They will average about 3M each from TV with the top teams presumably getting about 5M compared to less than 2M for the OF.

The top teams will average lower attendances than the OF but charge more at the gate.

Our overall turnover is more at the moment but they are catching up fast, especially when you exclude the Euro money which is why we have to do well every year.

Inside left midfield would be perfect.

__________Ferguson______Thomson________Riise______________

____Novo_________________Boyd________________Beasley_____

:thup:

I actually like the look of that Gribz - the problem would be that Fergie would want to be the central point of focus in that midfield 3 and Thomson is very left sided, which would leave them unbalanced.

The best thing about signing Riise would be.....

he's a full back:fish:

He is a natural midfielder. When he first went to Liverpool he player midfield for first few seasons before moving to LB :moon:

But Craig is right, Ferguson would want the central domination again and Thomson would shift over one place.