Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I dont want PL OR KM back. KM is shite and PL had his chance to stay and turned it down for money. Now he is seeing he maybe made the wrong decision and wants back. No thanks for me.

The problem that I always thought Lovenkrands had was not really one of his own making but more down to the way teams played against us. He is a player that relies on his pace to get in behind defenders and this worked well against European opposition but when he faced Scottish defences with 10 men behind the ball he struggled badly. The other thing is..... just what Rangers player right now could you expect to make that incisive pass that PL would need to get in behind anyway ?

I dont think he would be that effective for us and his career seems to have tailed off in Germany.

I dont want PL OR KM back. KM is shite and PL had his chance to stay and turned it down for money. Now he is seeing he maybe made the wrong decision and wants back. No thanks for me.

Dont you think people deserve 2nd chances once they realise this though? Its a common thing amoungst a number of fellow Rangers players.

If it benefits the team then im all for players coming back or crossing the divide, and IMO Lovenkrands will benefit the team. PL, Beasley, Novo and Darcheville in the same team brings a lot of pace and is very attack minded

The other thing is..... just what Rangers player right now could you expect to make that incisive pass that PL would need to get in behind anyway ?

Thomas Buffel?????:devil:

Dont you think people deserve 2nd chances once they realise this though? Its a common thing amoungst a number of fellow Rangers players.

If it benefits the team then im all for players coming back or crossing the divide, and IMO Lovenkrands will benefit the team. PL, Beasley, Novo and Darcheville in the same team brings a lot of pace and is very attack minded

Sure the do if they are up to the task. I just dont think PL is the player that will take us to the next level.

Pace is one thing but it isnt getting you anywhere in the SPL if there are 10 men behind the ball. PL cant beat a man and wouldnt get to use his pace to the same extent as he would in a European game.

Not against 2nd chances (I was happy when BF returned) but only if they benefit the team and I dont think PL would - happy to be proved wrong if he does come back though !

If the likes of Fleck,Effrem,Lennon ect start to get more involved then the likes of PL,KM won't be needed as they are a gamble,so i'd rather we gambled with the young players if we cannot get in some real quality.

Apart from the Palladino guy and the Greek RB, all the current rumours are very disheartening. How about this one?

THE Old Firm are set to battle it out for Aston Villa forward Shaun Maloney.

Former Celtic star Maloney is desperate to quit Martin O'Neill's side to return north and wants a deal concluded as soon as possible.

MailSport can reveal that behind-the-scenes moves from both clubs have taken place within the past 72 hours.

Rangers boss Walter Smith was tempted to move for Maloney in January last year when the player couldn't agree a new Hoops deal.

But it was decided moving directly across the Old Firmdivide wasn't ideal and Villa snapped him up for s1million.

However, Gers have now reassessed the situation and feel Maloney would be an excellent addition to their team as Smith bids to inject more flair and pace.

It's understood the Scotland ace would be willing to join Rangers to kickstart his career.

And the possibility of teaming up with his former Parkhead reserve coach Kenny McDowall - now first-team coach at Ibrox - is an attraction.

However, Celtic also want to bring him back. Manager Gordon Strachan has never hidden his admiration for Maloney - named SPFA Player of the Year in 2006 - and the pair have stayed in contact since his move south.

There is no doubt Maloney feels a greater pull towards the Hoops but he isn't ruling anything out at this stage.

The 25-year-old hasn't been a regular for Villa but English sources insist the Premiership club want s3m for him.

However, that kind of fee wouldn't be a problem for the Old Firm as they fight each other in the transfer market for the second summer running.

Last year Celtic won the s4.4mchase for Hibs star Scott Brown while Kilmarnock's Stevie Naismith opted for Rangers in a s2m deal.

I'd be into this TBH.

I would love us to sign Maloney ,exactly the kind of player we need in our team. However ,i think the odds are heavily stacked against us here. Now that Celtic know we are rumoured to be interested in him ,they will pull out all the stops to sign him. Its a safer move for Maloney to go back to them anyway , he's cetain to become a hate figure with the Celtic support if he sogns for Rangers. Especially as he was their player of the year not so long ago and was popular witht he fans.

Our only hope is that he perhaps doesnt like Gordon Strachan (fair chance of that) and fancies working with Walter and Coisty again.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for this one