Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Marlon bloody Harewood for �£4m? Not a fan of that particular rumour. Lovenkrands was outstanding as a striker through the middle but didn't have the skill to beat a man that really good wingers have. I'd rather get someone else in. Never heard of the Cartoon Cavalcade guy....but if he plays for Juventus and has been capped by Italy why would he even consider moving here?:brick:

I think Boateng would do a decent job. Thought he was older than 31 though. Played for years in the EPL so again has decent experience. And with Hemdani supposedly leaving, he could be a ready made replacement. Harewood can GTF!

Absolutely no basis in reality here, but watched some of the Republic v Colombia game last night, and this boy looked a player - Edixon Perea- hope Walter was watching.

I think Boateng would do a decent job. Thought he was older than 31 though. Played for years in the EPL so again has decent experience. And with Hemdani supposedly leaving, he could be a ready made replacement. Harewood can GTF!

he is, he's 32!

Ive read about Boateng being linked today and him being 31 but i thought he was about 35.

Anyway he is similar to Faye as a player and Faye was a disaster.

I think Harewood would still be a decent signing.

BOATENG DENIES OLD FIRM REPORTS

Posted 30/05/08 12:50

EmailPrintSave

Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng has denied reports he is expecting Celtic and Rangers to come in for him this summer.

The Dutchman was quoted on Friday as saying that he was expecting to leave the Riverside this summer - and was reported to have said he was expecting the Old Firm rivals to make approaches for him.

But the former Aston Villa midfielder, who is currently in Holland, insists he has not discussed his future.

"I've never spoken to anyone in Scotland," Boateng told Sky Sports.

"I have never spoken to anyone about Celtic and Rangers.

"I don't know where they (the quotes) have come from."

They all say that.:admin: