Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Make that 4 players and include McGregor.

I agree. While he's not the finished article yet, he does seem to have something special about him and be able to make some stunning saves which not every top drawer keeper can do. I think we'd have to spend a lot to get someone as good as him and as young (relatively speaking) as he is.

Thomson is one of the few players we should be building a team round. We can't let him go except for silly money.

Players I'd really like to hold on to despite any bids are MacGregor, Cuellar, Smith (if he gets fit and back to previous form), Thomson, maybe Beasley, Naismith and Fleck. I'd also like to keep Novo to show other players how to play for a club like Rangers.

Whittaker also needs a chance but I'm not stuck on him yet.

If I had the ability to choose three players for whom I could veto their transfers it would be Cuellar, Thomson and Fleck.

Cuellar and Thomson are, for me, our stand out players and at 26 and 23 respectively have their best years ahead of them and quite anumber of years. Smith is another with a very bright future in front of him.

I havent seen Fleck so cant comment but he is spoken very highly of by so many top coaches that he has to be a keeper. But will he get his chance under WS ???

EDIT : Agreed Re McGregor. For his relative tender GK age I think he could actually become a great IF he gets to grips with his off-field life.

I would rather let Barry Ferguson go for 4 million than Kevin Thomson. That isnt a dig at Fergie but rather how highly I rate KT. He is (hopefully) going to be the central focus of our midfield for years to come.

Totally agree.

When you think about our finances compared to down south, a mid-table Premiership player isn't that bad -just not very exciting. I think we'd prefer a mid-table La Liga or Serie A player but ironically the Premiership is now considered a better league than those.