Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

No mention of the price? Maybe the club feel we can get a bit more for him if they come back with another offer.

Im assuming its Cardiff!! Have to say thats a wrong move for Boyd, he will struggle there in the league IMO.

You think he'll struggle in the championship? With Steve Thompson possibly alongside him? So you think he'll be better suited to the EPL?

No mention of the price? Maybe the club feel we can get a bit more for him if they come back with another offer.

Im assuming its Cardiff!! Have to say thats a wrong move for Boyd, he will struggle there in the league IMO.

you really don't rate boydy m8 do you :D

and don't mention buffel as at least boyd has proved himself here with his goals no matter how bad other parts of his game is :moon:

you really don't rate boydy m8 do you :D

and don't mention buffel as at least boyd has proved himself here with his goals no matter how bad other parts of his game is :moon:

No I dont rate him as a player mate (as a poacher yes). if he was good then we'd see Premier League teams queing up for him, but not even the likes of Bolton are interested.

But at least if he went to the premier league he would have a better chance as the football is better. The Championship is a tough league where he wouldnt be a poacher much.

Strange one that putting the rejection of a bid on the official site. Are we trying to fuel the media fire surrounding the possible sale to try and increase the price by alerting other clubs? Or is it a message to fans that he is staying despite interest. I wonder.....

No I dont rate him as a player mate (as a poacher yes). if he was good then we'd see Premier League teams queing up for him, but not even the likes of Bolton are interested.

But at least if he went to the premier league he would have a better chance as the football is better. The Championship is a tough league where he wouldnt be a poacher much.

i respect your opinion m8 but i disagree as usual though :D . there are some good teams in the championship who play some good attacking football, if he went to one them he would do well IMO. A lot of goals I saw scored last season come from either good crosses or penalty box scrambles so he would get lots of chances i'm sure and would score for fun as i think he would with any team who played to his strengths :cool:

go to the likes of bolton who play a bit like we did last season with only 1 up front and the long ball crap he wouldn't do well, i'd say most bottom half EPL teams try to avoid defeat rather than go to win. if he played for teams who can afford having a player who would just wait for any chance and do not much else then again he would always get a goal for you...you might not rate that type as a good player but i do......

I think WS also likes having a more Scottish element about us, therefore i can see him wanting JCD to go before Boyd.

You just look at the squad now and its full of Scots:

McGregor, Alexander, Smith

Whittaker, Weir, Webster, S Smith, Broadfoot

Thomson, Ferguson, McCulloch, Novo (once he applies ;) )

Burke, Naismith, Miller, Boyd, Adam, Fleck

I think we should tell Lafferty to GTF and pull out the cheque book and sign Deco. He's looking for a club and he's exactly what we need. He's been outstanding at the EUROs. Not that he would even consider it but you can dream!

Guest gourock1

Despite Boyd not appearing as much as I`d like to have seen,he is worth his salt,for the holes he has dug us out of this season.The last thing Rangers need is to sell the lad on.He is someone you can allways turn to and still has time to work on other areas of his overall game.Walter has been back for a season and a half now,and has surely seen something in Boyd,otherwise he could have let him go allready.

JCD is another ,who will give his all,and with Lafferty,Miller and Vellicka now part of the set up,I can see him moving on.Such a pity he has been dogged by the achilles injury,it would be great to get 90 minutes out of him regularly.

Me?..I can`t wait untill Cousin gets tae somewhere,he announced as soon as he got to Rangers that he fancied the Premiership.His agent Willie McKay was I`m sure,the same person who brought Boumsong to Ibrox,only to leave before he`d dirtied his boots.Fullham have lost interest now and not surprising after his indiscipline.Trying to headbutt other players,is just frowned upon these days.He is the priority,when it comes to gwtting rid .

My humble opinion ,of course.