Speaking to a Burnley guy on another forum I use and he says this:

"Arrogant way beyond his ability, may do well in Scotland but for the rumoured �£4 million fee you could buy in someone much much much better."

Amen to that.

Old Firm target Lafferty no longer 'at home' in Burnley

BURNLEY striker Kyle Lafferty has confirmed his desire to quit the club after admitting he will never win over a section of their fans.

The highly-rated Northern Ireland striker, 20, has been linked with moves to both halves of the Old Firm, as well as Wolves and Premiership club Fulham.

He was quoted in the Belfast Telegraph as saying he no longer feels wanted at Turf Moor.

afferty has since backtracked on those comments, and sought to clarify that it was not a slight on manager Owen Coyle, but said the time had come for him to move on.

Lafferty confirmed in a statement issued via the Clarets: "In no way were my comments aimed at the current manager or the club in general because I feel that under the previous manager (Steve Cotterill] and under Owen Coyle, I was treated really well.

"However, despite adoring most of the Burnley supporters, I feel there was always a small section of support that I could never win over.

"That in turn was affecting my performances and, when clubs like Rangers and Wolves make approaches, it is only natural that I would be interested.

"My performances did dip in the middle of the season, when I let some comments get to me.

"Certain people I was close to have left the club and it no longer feels like home. I just feel a fresh start is what I need and it is up to the club to see what offers come their way that they see as acceptable."

However, Lafferty has two years remaining on his contract and Clarets manager Coyle, who joined the Championship club from St Johnstone in November and led them to a 15th-placed finish, warned: "Burnley Football Club will not be forced into selling players."

To be honest i don't see this deal happening.

We're letting the former Marseille captain leave but trying to sign a poor Championship team striker for a few million!!

I hope this doesnt happen more than the Kenny Miller move.

someone on the bench then :fish:

Gow was on the bench :eek: :eek: :eek:

The price for Lafferty seems to be getting ridiculous. If we're in a position to spend �£4mill then we need to be spending it on someone with a track record.

I must admit I like to see us being linked to this player and that but I also know that most of the talk is a lot of crap, it's just to sell papers or agents trying to make sure some players get noticed IMO. It's the same every year and I don't believe any story until players actually sign. I wonder how many actually are true or come true, probably not many but a lot of fans actually believe all of them. :sigh:

With the amount of money we've made the rumours are gutting. Still give it time Beattie, we'll make a couple of signings that the papers won't have got wind of. Always happens.

Gow was on the bench :eek:

The price for Lafferty seems to be getting ridiculous. If we're in a position to spend �£4mill then we need to be spending it on someone with a track record.

i'm sure he was there at least once m8 :rolleyes:

rumours of �£4m+ for lafferty and only �£5m for palladino, i know who i would like for the money if the quotes are true of course. i really don't see what all the fuss is about lafferty.