Velicka signs 3 year deal

He's more of a left back than centre half, in my opinion. Doesn't look half the player at centre half.

In this day and age your full backs need to be as comfortable going forward as defending. That's what lets Papac down. On the plus side his covering for his centre halves is exceptional.

Would whittaker be on the bench for you then Gribz if papac had a right foot?

Possibly, but I was more thinking of cover and getting S Smith back in at LB. Papac has done well but Smith pre injury was a player.

I think a lot of Rangers fans have got a somewhat distorted memory in terms of Smith. He was good but seriously folks, let's not kid ourselves that he was anywhere near the level Hutton eventually reached and sustained. If he comes back half the player Hutton became we'll be lucky. If we sign another left back then clearly WS feels the lad isn't going to recover fully. Seriuos groin injuries are notoriously hard to get over.:sigh:

before his injury smith was a better player at the time than hutton and a better prospect. he was getting regualr games, attacking down the left and even getting sight of goal and scoring. hutton came on leaps and bounds in a short space of time after his injury and hopefully smith will as well but you are right he might never get near the level where hutton got to before he left us.

Smith was the better player at the time and Hutton was very inconsistant. But then Hutton took his game to not just 1 better level, but about 5 levels. Ive never seen such an improvement in one player as I saw in Hutton - ever.

Ive never seen such an improvement in one player as I saw in Hutton - ever.

Or in such a short space of time.

Smith has talent and potential of that thereis no doubt. He has the ability to make the LB spot his own - I am not sure whether he can reach the same heights that Hutton has now reached but he certainly was the better player when they both were playing.

Smith may not develop to the same extent or at the same speed - but if he comes back showing the type of play he was pre-injury then he would be a starter IMO anyway.