I'll be better for Rangers now I've got used to SPL again, vows Lee McCulloch

Jun 26 2008 by DailyRecord.co.uk

RANGERS midfielder Lee McCulloch says he wants to show the Ibrox support what he can do after spending last term getting used to being back in the SPL.

The Scotland star bagged six goals in his debut season at Rangers, but feels there's far more to come now he's readjusted to life north of the border.

"I look upon the last 12 months as my settling-in campaign and now it is all about showing what I can do," he told Rangers' website.

"At times last year, the football we played was a bit different to what I'm used to.

"It took time to adapt to that but I feel I've been able to do that and I'm ready to go again after a good break and give it my all. I'm really looking forward to it."

I wonder if he will get a chance or be pushed out the door?

I thought he was good in the beginning, but he seemed to suffer more than most when we went to the 4-5-------1 formation.

True Pete,

Being asked to play is a system that is alien is a huge factor on allot of players poor performances last year. But look at what we did last year.....

I was delighted to see him at first as he wasn't afraid to shoot from distance which made a nice change. But I thought he tailed off in to mediocrity at best, although he wasn't helped by injuries or being played in numerous different positions and our long ball game.

When he first arrived he looked like a bargain at 2M, but after a couple of niggling injuries his form tailed off. If we get a decent offer for him I would say sell him. Wouldn't be an automatic starter for me next season if he stays

I dont think it was the system that put him off the rails, he has done well for Scotland and Wigan in a similar role.

I was happy with him signing and he got off to a flyer but for me he has just looked unfit for a while.

I still think he could be an asset for us so wouldnt like him to leave just yet, he is just another who we dont know his best position. He is ok on the left but he doesnt have pace to beat a man like Beasley. He suits the target man position but then we have to resort to long balls which i dont want to see.